Question about mass user deletion

Lurch

Evening all,

Quick Q about mass user deletion.
I've managed to work out a nice combination of searches against the xf_user table that would clear out 9/10ths of the spam accounts that were generated over in VB before I migrated (in hind sight I should have tried this BEFORE I migrated, but oh well...)

BUT...
If I simply remove them from xf_users, what 'left overs' will there be? Anything to be concerned about?
Threads/Posts are ok (one of the searches in messages = 0)

Thoughts?

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the admin cp batch user update have the criteria you would need. That's what I used to get rid of all old (vbulletin spammer) accounts

I searched for users with 0 posts and last visited between (blank) and 2011. I assumed these were either dormant spammers or users who were never going to resurface and just creating database bloat.

(I just noticed there is also a criteria for email invalid - bounced)

Before hitting the final delete you get a chance to view the list of search results. Worked very nicely.

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the admin cp batch user update have the criteria you would need. That's what I used to get rid of all old (vbulletin spammer) accounts

I searched for users with 0 posts and last visited between (blank) and 2011. I assumed these were either dormant spammers or users who were never going to resurface and just creating database bloat.

(I just noticed there is also a criteria for email invalid - bounced)

Before hitting the final delete you get a chance to view the list of search results. Worked very nicely.

No, you can FIND all of the users you want using the criteria, but the ability to mass select and then delete them en masse is not there. It never has been since Xenforo was released. I have been waiting for an add-on, but none has been forthcoming unless I missed it! Have any advice?

What if you can't find the ACP Search? :)
Then all I can say is...

shouldve-gone-to-specsavers-46758913293.jpeg

AView attachment 111427 big problem is that the search function can't even find itself.
Surely if you need to search for the ACP Search, you'd really need another Search to search for it. The problem with that is some people wouldn't be able to find the Search for the ACP Search, so you'd then need a Search for the Search for the ACP Search, and so on. Then your forum would then implode.

Top Bottom