Question About Buying XenForo

Aureus

Alright, I'm about to buy XenForo Either tomorrow Or the 25th. I Want to know. Once you buy it do you get Access to your fourms? Or Like is there no point to buy it If you don't get a forums.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
As I responded in the conversation, XF is not a hosted solution.

We only supply the forum software so you would also need to separately purchase a domain (URL) and hosting (server) in order to install it.

Aureus

As I responded in the conversation, XF is not a hosted solution.

We only supply the forum software so you would also need to separately purchase a domain (URL) and hosting (server) in order to install it.
Alright, So I know I might be a Pain. But Like. Whats the Point Of buying The License If you Do not get a forums.

Aureus

WAIT @Brogan So You mean I would have to find a Hosting Website Paste the files in to use it? I'm Confused I should be able to access it right after I buy it

Aureus

Alright @Brogan Thank you so much for Helping me! I have found out what you mean. I have ONE Last Question. When I buy the License I am giving the files Then I upload them onto a web host. Right?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That's correct.

Once you purchase XF, you download the files from your customer area, then upload them to your host's server and install the software.

Aureus

That's correct.

Once you purchase XF, you download the files from your customer area, then upload them to your host's server and install the software.
And All I need to Buy is the License. Correct? If I want to buy add ons I can Buy If I just want a forums I need to buy JUST The License.

Tracy Perry

Once you have purchased a license, your account will have access to download the associated licenses you have purchased (the main script and any 1st party add-ons).
You simply go to the https://xenforo.com page and click on the Customers link and then log in using your credentials.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-23-at-9.09.54-PM.png

and you will see similar to this

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 9.11.38 PM.png

Tracy Perry

yes, once you click on the Customer link you input your information (I use my email used for licensing) and your password