Question about 40$ for year extra

A20

Hello, I want to buy xenforo but I have a question. Let's say I buy the 140$ package, after the year is up can I buy the 40$ thing to get another year of updates? I guess what I'm trying to ask is how much per year would it cost to be updated? It should be 40$ a year after the first 140$ right?

So..
Buy xenforo - 140$
year 1 pay 40$ - to keep updating
year 2 pay 40$ - to keep updating
year 3 pay 40$ - to keep updating
year 4 pay 40$ - to keep updating

It confuses me.

Hello, I want to buy xenforo but I have a question. Let's say I buy the 140$ package, after the year is up can I buy the 40$ thing to get another year of updates? I guess what I'm trying to ask is how much per year would it cost to be updated? It should be 40$ a year after the first 140$ right?

So..
Buy xenforo - 140$

It confuses me.

You're not forced to pay for the updates right away. So if your license expires 10/1/2014, you wouldn't have to pay for the $40 renewal right away if you don't want too. Say there's not an update you would need until 11/01/2014, you could renew your license then and still pay $40, which would extend it until 11/01/2015.

Never say never. Maybe never with v1.x.
I think it will be up to XF to determine pricing for 2.x if and when the day comes. Just my opinion.

Javad_alizadeh_surreal-Surreal_suicide.jpg

So..
Buy xenforo - 140$

It confuses me.
This pricing structure encourages XenForo to continue to support the current version of the software. When XenForo releases a major new version like 1.3, all those folks who have let their licenses run out will renew, generating a nice direct incentive to continued development.

The alternative (lifetime licenses) results in the software being abandoned after a couple of years.

This pricing structure encourages XenForo to continue to support the current version of the software. When XenForo releases a major new version like 1.3, all those folks who have let their licenses run out will renew, generating a nice direct incentive to continued development.

The alternative (lifetime licenses) results in the software being abandoned after a couple of years.

That is very true. The current pricing system works so that XenForo get to have money each update ;)

Top Bottom