Query about adding another admin

Oh ok - thanks. When I’m in user groups I can’t see anything about banner text. I can see some coloured mini banners. It’s currently selected light blue.

Cheers - found it. I had already set up a Supermoderator Category and put him in that. I'm a bit confused now - is he now a moderator and a supermoderator? Apparently I am now a supermoderator as well as admin although don't think I selected that. I guess I could have just left him in the moderator category and titled him "Super moderator". There isn't a lot of difference in the permissions set for mod and supermod. If any.

Anyway he is ignoring me now and not using the forum or replying to messages so I guess that is a reaction to me saying I would prefer to not have any other admins. And that I myself would not be posting as admin, just as a moderator and no need for any admin now everything set up.

FYI

Admin permissions are mainly for the ACP
Moderator/Supermoderator permissions are for the front side of the forum.

Just because you are an admin doesn't mean you can moderate the actual forum, you must make yourself a moderator/supermoderator for that to happen.

There isn't a lot of difference in the permissions set for mod and supermod. If any.

Thats because you can set different permissions for each. You can allow super moderators to ban members but not allow regular moderators not to ban them. Lots of permissions can be changed to allow super moderators to be able to do more.

How can I get it to display Super moderator rather than moderator on the forum?

When you made him moderator did you select forum moderator or super moderator here?

moderator.webp

I can't remember so I deleted him and added him again and now have that ticked and all permissions set. Another issue I'm having though, is I am Admin and also a supermoderator but I can't seem to move a thread! I can't see any menus or tick boxes in the thread to allow moderation. Only the option to sticky it under "edit".

It's ok I've found it now. You have to open the post and it's at the bottom.

Last edited:
Oh well looks like he is playing the - I won’t be involved unless I’m admin - game. Gone silent and no tlogging in or contributing. So don’t have a moderator. Feels a bit like blackmail so I will have to accept losing a valuable contributor. He could have added a lot of content to the forum. Oh well nobody said it was going to be easy.

Oh well looks like he is playing the - I won’t be involved unless I’m admin - game. Gone silent and no tlogging in or contributing. So don’t have a moderator. Feels a bit like blackmail so I will have to accept losing a valuable contributor. He could have added a lot of content to the forum. Oh well nobody said it was going to be easy.
If that is the case, it may be worth revoking his moderator permissions sooner than later to avoid problems down the road.

Top Bottom