Quark

Quark 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Makes sense, is it possible to have the navbar stay where it is and have the logo move upwards. (in the current form i have?) My biggest thing is that i prefer to have the logo on the left at the start and the navbar on the right, but scrolling up should snap the navbar to the top without moving to the left. If the logo move upwards and that would be possible i would be fine with that too (but without the navbar sliding to the left)
We do have a sticky nav style in the latest release. Go to UI.X Header style properties and try the 'Global Show Sticky on Scroll Up Only'. Then go over to UI.X Logo and tick on 'Show Brandmark Image in Navigation'. See if this works how you want.

This is with navigation style 3? Tried it with 0 (default) too, but now the navbar doesn't stick at all anymore.

O wait, if i scroll up it shows, but not on down.. getting more funny as we speak ;)

This is with navigation style 3? Tried it with 0 (default) too, but now the navbar doesn't stick at all anymore.

O wait, if i scroll up it shows, but not on down.. getting more funny as we speak ;)
Yes thats the nav style, and intentional. You dont have to have that, Im just trying to understand what you want.

upload_2014-12-20_22-47-0.webp

^ this section should move upwards. (including logo) the navbar should stay sticky to the top when i scroll down or up but should NOT move left.

So in my louzy paint skills.. if i scroll up it would become:

upload_2014-12-20_22-56-8.webp

Ah I see.

The small logo part in the second pic is a setting. As for it staying that width, its not a bad idea for a setting. But for now (not sure if we will make this a setting yet) you need extra code, add this to extra.css:

Code:
@media (min-width: {xen:calc '@maxResponsiveWideWidth + 1'}px) {
            .Sidebar #navigation .pageContent
            {
                margin-left: {xen:calc '@sidebar.width + @uix_gutterWidth'}px !important;
            }
}

A+ , thats what i wanted. I know about the setting for the small logo on the bar, but i didn't want the menu to move around. Having the logo above or beneath it was taking up space in my eyes. Thanks for the great support. (and indeed, it would be a nice extra setting)

How hard is it to edit the sprite.png? All the colors blend but the little blue dot down in the bottom left corner doesn't match the red. Is there anyway to change this? Or do you recommend a program to edit the sprite?

sprite.webp

Also these may be two small bugs:

First on the font, the bottom letters get cut off, see below. Seems to happen with letters that hang down. This is on the latest posts notice the "G" letters.

1.webp
2.webp

Looks like the Line height needs to be changed from 14px to 15px?

Code:
.node .nodeLastPost {
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 14px;
    white-space: nowrap;
    word-wrap: normal;
}

Also noticed the "new" logo doesn't hang off the side like it's suppose to. See below:

3.webp

Should be more like:

4.webp

Looks like it needs to be changed from 19px to 24px:

Code:
.message .newIndicator {
    margin-right: -19px !important;
}

But I thought maybe you could check them over. Anyways just thought I would let you know.

How hard is it to edit the sprite.png? All the colors blend but the little blue dot down in the bottom left corner doesn't match the red. Is there anyway to change this? Or do you recommend a program to edit the sprite?

View attachment 92931

My recommendation is to actually modify the icon(s) you want specifically rather than editing the sprite. We are thinking of doing away with the sprite anyways what with the overbearing appreciation of FontAwesome everyone has which is forcing my hand :P

The reason you shouldn't edit the sprite is because upgrading will require you to remember that change.

First on the font, the bottom letters get cut off, see below. Seems to happen with letters that hang down. This is on the latest posts notice the "G" letters.

Hmm, yeah a line-height fix is all we can do I believe. Good thinking Ive added it to the bug list.

Also noticed the "new" logo doesn't hang off the side like it's suppose to. See below:

Yes we are aware of this fix its on our list already. Thanks for reporting!

Thanks for checking into it @Mike Creuzer.

I just noticed that on:

Code:
.searchResult .title {
    font-size: 11pt;
    line-height: 18px;
}

Looks like the bottom of letters are being cut off there too. Raising the line height by 1 px. seems to fix it. Just thought I would mention it.

Some forum/node CSS issues with quark/antiquark:
  1. When you don't select "Table Style Nodes" and you choose "side by side category nodes" (2) as the "Forum Node Style", every second node is indented or has extra margin on the top and left, not sure if this intended...?
  2. When "Table Style Nodes" is not selected and you choose "side by side category nodes" (2) or "default" (0), the last nodes of each category css class "nodeLastPost" has extra margin (also makes the RSS feed icon out of place). This is the main board index, on forum indexes, the nodeLastPost actually looks better with margins...
  3. When "Table Style Nodes" is not selected and you choose "side by side nodes" (1), the RSS icon/node controls on a forum index page are out of place, it's using css "right: 242px" but probably should just be 10px on side by side nodes setting.
There is probably more weirdness happening with all the setting combinations you can try for forum node styles. It is also not consistent on the main board index vs forum index depending on the settings. So it could look fine on the main board index, but the forum index would not look correct, and vice versa. I'm sure you can find more issues when testing. :P

@Despair yeah some settings can conflict. Just the nature of an extremely robust style. In Quark we edit the 'table node style' specifically so it makes sense that setting doesnt work the best with it. But Ive marked this as a bug :)

@Mike Creuzer do you have any idea why Xenfor Admin would generate a 501 error on modifying the PAGE_CONTAINER in templates for my theme children but works fine for the Master? (Which is useless)

Nevermind, found the issue was with ModSecurity which I disabled temporarily to have the changes applied.

Last edited:
@Mike Creuzer do you have any idea why Xenfor Admin would generate a 501 error on modifying the PAGE_CONTAINER in templates for my theme children but works fine for the Master? (Which is useless)

Nevermind, found the issue was with ModSecurity which I disabled temporarily to have the changes applied.
I am on Windows/IIS and have the same problem. Been trying to track it down for weeks with no luck. I figured it was something with the server so never posted about it.

I am on Windows/IIS and have the same problem. Been trying to track it down for weeks with no luck. I figured it was something with the server so never posted about it.
Maybe there's something similar on your hosting control panel? I've never used Windows hosting so I'm not sure.

I noticed that the welcome message no longer shows, and when you are logged out I get this black bar at the top of the screen. Oh and when the grid layout is enabled no forums show, so I had to switch to classic.
1.webp

I noticed that the welcome message no longer shows, and when you are logged out I get this black bar at the top of the screen. Oh and when the grid layout is enabled no forums show, so I had to switch to classic.
View attachment 98957
As for the welcome message, we made a permission. So you need to go, for example, give the guest usergroup permission to see the welcome block :)

As for the grid layout, would you mind sending me a message or ticket so I can take a look? Should definitely be able to see the nodes. It might be an issue with uploading files.

I just blew away the skin and started fresh, seemed to have fixed everything except for the black bar at the top. Also found the welcome permissions. Any ideas on the black bar at the top?

*Fixed it, it was the search setting being changed to user bar and then viewpoint width at 100% to make it smaller. Actually just by placing it in the user bar forces it to be a black bar, has nothing to so with the 100%.

Is there anyway to make it smaller in the user bar? Was setting it at 100% the correct way?

Last edited:
Top Bottom