Quark

Quark 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer, i've updated to the latest xenforo + theme ui.x/quark. I've noticed that you can now update the theme via the api, which makes stuff easier in the future. I don't know if this was already there in the past, same for the seperate ui.x part in styles. Anyways, when i did install it via the ui.x way, now i have this style with "AD" in front of it, but my old style was 'Quark' with a child which is my theme modifications. Because i now have a new 'root' Quark, i think i might have lost a thing or 2. For example: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/quark-paid.38646/page-18#post-870107 doesn't work at all anymore for me. I tried to copy the old configs from the old Quark and have it as a child for the new one but that didn't help much. There is a difference in both the new and the old when i updated the theme.

What is the best practice and is there still a way to get the layout as you created on that forum post i linked above?

@Mike Creuzer, i've updated to the latest xenforo + theme ui.x/quark. I've noticed that you can now update the theme via the api, which makes stuff easier in the future. I don't know if this was already there in the past, same for the seperate ui.x part in styles. Anyways, when i did install it via the ui.x way, now i have this style with "AD" in front of it, but my old style was 'Quark' with a child which is my theme modifications. Because i now have a new 'root' Quark, i think i might have lost a thing or 2. For example: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/quark-paid.38646/page-18#post-870107 doesn't work at all anymore for me. I tried to copy the old configs from the old Quark and have it as a child for the new one but that didn't help much. There is a difference in both the new and the old when i updated the theme.

What is the best practice and is there still a way to get the layout as you created on that forum post i linked above?
There may be a way. It all depends on if you edited Quark directly or only edited a child theme of Quark. Which did you do?

I had a child of quark, as how you are suppose to do it (as from what i read) if i change it back to that old one, it is a bit messed up too. But i doubt that is correct since the new one has new features/different layout.

So now i have:

Quark -
- Site theme old
AD - Quark
- Site them Quark (this one was created automaticly after install)
- Site theme new (is an import of the old site theme, i though that might work, but it didn't)

Assumption is here that i need to use the AD one in the future in order to be compatible with automatic updates via the api key etc.

I had a child of quark, as how you are suppose to do it (as from what i read) if i change it back to that old one, it is a bit messed up too. But i doubt that is correct since the new one has new features/different layout.

So now i have:

Quark -
- Site theme old
AD - Quark
- Site them Quark (this one was created automaticly after install)
- Site theme new (is an import of the old site theme, i though that might work, but it didn't)

Assumption is here that i need to use the AD one in the future in order to be compatible with automatic updates via the api key etc.
This seems to be correct.

I have a lot of those server errors every 60 minuts lately:
Still running XF 1.5.0 and audentio-uix_addon-1.0.5 with audentio-quark-16_1-5-0-1

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given - library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:19
Generated By: Unknown Account, Monday at 10:01 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/home/***/p...', 19, Array)
#1 /home/***/public_html/library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php(19): array_key_exists(16, NULL)
#2 [internal function]: Audentio_UIX_CronEntry_UpdateCheck::styles(Array)
#3 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999690056, '')
#6 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999690056, '', false)
#7 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/***/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://mail.games4arcade.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/find-new/33944/posts"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I have a lot of those server errors every 60 minuts lately:
Still running XF 1.5.0 and audentio-uix_addon-1.0.5 with audentio-quark-16_1-5-0-1

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given - library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:19
Generated By: Unknown Account, Monday at 10:01 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/home/***/p...', 19, Array)
#1 /home/***/public_html/library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php(19): array_key_exists(16, NULL)
#2 [internal function]: Audentio_UIX_CronEntry_UpdateCheck::styles(Array)
#3 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999690056, '')
#6 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999690056, '', false)
#7 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/***/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://mail.games4arcade.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/find-new/33944/posts"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}
Our server was down Monday so these would make sense to get these. But have you been getting them since?

Mike Creuzer updated Quark with a new update entry:

Huge Update

Hi all,

We'd like to apologize for the time it took to get this update out. Due to the nature of how we've done releases in the past, we got stuck in a backlog of UI.X bugs that we were not content with releasing. We wanted to wait until we got all the issues knocked out. So here we are. All bugs reported to us have been addressed!We did the very best we could to make this as stable a release as possible, but very important that you:
  • TEST ON A DEMO SITE FIRST BEFORE UPGRADING...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Mike Creuzer

Many thanks for the update, just purchased and it's looking good so far! :)

I've been reading your theme guide, and I'd just like some clarification about child styles.

Upon installing Quark via the UI.X add-on, the following structure has been setup:

Quark_Installation.webp

I've set "Site - Quark" as the default theme.

As mentioned in the guide, I'm wondering if it's OK to create additional children, based on "Site - Quark".

So if I wanted to create different variations:

E.g.

Quark
-Site - Quark
--Site - Quark - Blue
---Site - Quark - Red

I assume this means any changes made to Site - Quark are "global" from that point forward, and would be copied down to other child themes? (As long as this is set as the parent).

Also, how would this work for the purpose of future updates? I understand the main Quark base theme would be updated. But does anything need configuring to ensure the UI.X add-on recognises this structure? I noticed this post you made, mentioning associating the parent.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i have at the upper right side always the busy indicator, i deactivated all addons so it could be only the ui-x after the upgrade to the latest version of quark.

@Mike Creuzer when will you be offering the 6 month free extension you promised end of last year, "soon". I really want to update some styles, but want to assure first bugs reported 3rd quarter of 2015 are indeed finally fixed first. I'll be paying to renew styles expired over the last 6 months as soon as I can confirm all is working as intended now.

Is there any way i can get a picture for the category of the forum, perhaps its default or not? But would like to have that option. See example:

upload_2016-5-28_23-47-33.webp

Alright guys first of all my quesiton is.. how do you get the 3 node layout? Second when I edited the logo in photoshop i stretched the picture and all that but I cant get it stretch once I upload it to the site.. Is the logo size unstrechable? how can I resize the logo on my forum?

Top Bottom