Quality Mac Server Hosting

Awesome, you are right :)

If anyone has worked with any of these, please let me know.
A Mac Mini or the company?
I've got a Mini as my main desktop - I'm pretty sure with those you have to by the server add-on but not sure.
If I was going to go that route, I'd be getting a Linux box instead personally. You can get better hardware for about the same price (or cheaper).

Just curious. Why you want to use mac for server? Is this production server? A server that will server FTP, Webserver, MySQL, etc?
I've been tempted to try one just to play with.... but honestly for the same amount of money I can get a MUCH better Linux server that will run circles around the Mini.

Isn't it easier to install OSX server on a VMware instance? Then you don't have the need to run on Mac hardware and be more flexible in search of a good hosting provider.

Isn't it easier to install OSX server on a VMware instance? Then you don't have the need to run on Mac hardware and be more flexible in search of a good hosting provider.
You're not allowed to do that though. Plus you'd have a ton of driver issues.

OS X is only licensed to run on Apple hardware. Not that it's a bad thing. Mac Mini's make for awesome reliable server farms, as do the new Mac Pro's

Top Bottom