PVHVM + Rackspace + Centos 6.5 = I could die right now.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Just fired up a new VM using the above setup.

I have never seen anything so fast in my life, whatever setup they've got going here is absolutely phenomenal. It blasted though the first part of this guide in under 30 seconds: http://xenforo.com/community/resour...tos-openlitespeed-percona-with-pictures.1844/

Literally by the time I tabbed, copied the next command and tabbed back, it was waiting for me for everything.

Doing an import on this server (10M posts)... will see how quick it is on that later.

and they are actually honest about what you are getting resource wise....which makes a really nice change in the cloud / vps world

upload_2014-3-19_19-27-38.webp

It should be blistering fast for that price. Got 2 love the power of decent SSD's in a raid 10 configuration. But the best virtualisation platform for me is vSphere.

For £456.25 / Mo, it shouldn't be anything less than "wow"

With rackspace you are paying for the SLA and the service, not the hardware. SLA's to most people are a "convenience", but when you have customers who even an hour of downtime or slowness can cost them thousands in revenue, you want the best behind you.

I have one of these new SSD rackspace server and it's cheaper than the HD rackspace server that I replaced it with, for the same amount of RAM.
It's true that people pay big bucks for Rackspace for their industry top SLA.

what cpus they using these days ?

only problem is bandwidth costs $0.12/GB = $120/TB can add up !

With rackspace you are paying for the SLA and the service, not the hardware. SLA's to most people are a "convenience", but when you have customers who even an hour of downtime or slowness can cost them thousands in revenue, you want the best behind you.

You know what they say: "If you pay peanuts you will get monkeys." This is especially true in the hosting world. People with the cheapest hosting will whine when they can't get decent support when there are troubles with their servers. No **** if you pay only a couple dollars a month.

But out of curiosity, can you post a benchmark or something? :)

Top Bottom