Put small space between end-of-post and signature separator

CTXMedia

May have already been suggested, but at the moment the default style's signature separator sits directly underneath the end text of a post - so close, in fact, that it's easy to mistake a signature for a continuation of the post body text.

My suggestion is simply to add a small amount of space - maybe 8px? - between the post content and the signature separator.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 5
That said, I don't think the primary issue is the margin but rather the faintness of the dashed border. I think a re-visit whether it's a colour change or solidified should be considered. :)

I don't like wasted vertical space.
For the same reason I will be moving the "Post New Thread" button back to the breadcrumb row to recover the space which has been introduced by moving it below the forum title.

I understand your point about the [Post New Thread]-button (and I agree with you on that), but the argument of wasted vertical space doesn't stand so much when you look at the posting-content. Why? Because white-space is actually essential when it comes to a comfortable, easy reading experience in general. It is the key supporting part for the text. So I would call it far from wasted space and in this case with the signature line some more white space would actually be the opposite of waste: it is obviously a benefit.

Top Bottom