XF 1.5 Put link in router?

Stockwalker

I am trying to put an external link that would be loaded if navigated to mysite.com/link/link. How can I achieve that?

Find Route: link/link
Replace With: www.manhattan.com

I tried putting this into a router but it said at the Replace With field that must start with a route prefix.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Route filters won't work for that unless you use a link forum:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Create New Link Forum

The link forum is what does the redirect. Then you can use a route filter to make the link forum accessible from a different URL.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Route filters change URLs within XF only. You can only change part of the URL there -- no domain, query string, etc. You need to enter your redirect target in the link forum itself.

Stockwalker

Route filters change URLs within XF only. You can only change part of the URL there -- no domain, query string, etc. You need to enter your redirect target in the link forum itself.
But I need to redirect to a domain outside of my board.

Steve F

Do you want users to be able to click a link to take them to the external site? It isn't quite clear what you're asking to be honest.

Steve F

Alright, where would you like the link to be on the site? Like suggested above you could use a Link Forum or of course add a link in a template.

Stockwalker

Alright, where would you like the link to be on the site? Like suggested above you could use a Link Forum or of course add a link in a template.
I need to make the link to be directly accessible from my domain prefix, without clicking on anything.