Fixed Push notification sent to wrong URL on xenforo.com

This might be a bug that our deploy process is triggering, though this does happen to be the first I've heard of it and it's been used for announcements for a while.

Regardless, it may be something we need to investigate to ensure that we're using the canonical URL everywhere we need to. If not, that would probably be the cause. (If we are, then I don't know what would cause this.)

It's the first time I've seen it, but I haven't watched it too closely (I do remember previous push notices going to the right place though). Maybe it was somehow just me? Your web logs (obviously) would tell if it's more than just me somehow.

There shouldn't be any differences, but I assume this was the same for today's HYS thread?

There shouldn't be any differences, but I assume this was the same for today's HYS thread?

Yes indeed

Screenshot_20200622-111955_Chrome.webp

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.1.11).

Change log:
Ensure we have an explicit alert/push template in-place for the post "forumwatch_insert" templates to workaround an issue where an uncanonicalized URL could be sent in some cases via push notifications.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom