Lack of interest Purge history on edit (permission)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

frm

While asking how long edits are kept, as I have a timeline of COVID-19 with sources exceeding 30,000 characters that has been edited once to twice daily in the OP, @Mike responded with edit history being an admin option as the editHistory setting. I believe it defaults to 60 days as I don't recall touching this. Though, he also said there isn't an option to purge them on individual posts; this seems very wasteful in some instances.

It would be nice if there was a new permission under "Edit" to purge the edit history so that a trusted person could edit a post and the history of it be completely gone, having a UX similar to below:

1592051266547.webp

This would essentially 'override' the 60 days and purge everything (so if it's important, or there's a team member up to no good, you ought to have backups so that posts could be restored).

This is what the "history" of my > 30000 character timeline looks like:
1592051509934.webp
...except it goes even farther. All the way to April 14.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
On second thought, the UX should be the same but the option only available to those that can make hard deletes as this would essentially be one. That way, it's not too complex with additional parameters.

Just change the name of the permission to hard delete/purge historical edits?

Top Bottom