Purchasing XenForo or Upgrade vBulletin?

AWantedHero

Hi, I'm still debating whether to upgrade my communities software from vBulletin 3.8 to vBulletin 4, or purchase XenForo and import everything. Are there any key aspects that XenForo has that vBulletin doesn't?

Thanks.

You are posting here, I think you already know what you really want :) Go with your gut and invest in a license, give a convert a try and see where it takes you. Ask for support if it goes wrong, learn the system. And if all fails, you can always sell the license after 120 days and upgrade to vBulletin 4. And then come back to give XenForo another try.

Hi, I'm still debating whether to upgrade my communities software from vBulletin 3.8 to vBulletin 4, or purchase XenForo and import everything. Are there any key aspects that XenForo has that vBulletin doesn't?

Thanks.
To each their own. As someone who owns a vBulletin Legacy License and a vBulletin 4 license, while in the last few months there have been strides to stabilize the entire debacle and situation, I'm still not convinced that Internet Brands understands what's we as customers need and what needs to happen.

They are convinced that they can take vBulletin 3 code, and bit by bit, change it into this wonderful magnificent next generation forum while leaving all functionality intact. The reality is they're struggling to accomplish that, and everytime they touch vBulletin, it seems to break more things than they seem to fix.

Plus I have to add that some of their staff are not as professional or hospitable. It makes me nervous.

Thanks.
Look at the features list and be sure you can find everything you need within XF (if not look at the add-ons). If so, then I wouldn't hesitate and go for XF. You'll get a better coded site, better SEO, easier interface, more stability, and some nice modern social features...

I used both support forums - vB4 and this one here, Xenforo - and as an end user XF just worked and felt better. So I was also one of many who went from vB3.x to XF rather than to vB4. The importing process was also very easy and worked well.

Thanks.
I'm in the same situation you are in. I decided to go with XenForo after all the problems Big Boards were having with vB4. Participating in this forum and seeing how easy/addictive XF is to use made the decision easy.

Just in the interest of honesty: I was a long time vbulletin customer shafted by the changes in their licensing system. I love XF, I'm much happier giving them my money than IB, the people in charge are good people and treat their customers right, and I think they are on the right track to make something great.

BUT

I have two licenses for XF but I am still waiting to move one of my boards over to XF from 3.8 because XF cannot handle having a lot of styles yet. This is not important to everyone and if you only need a few styles then I would definitely tell you to go with XF, having used both. But if you run a community where they expect tons and tons of styles you may want to think about it.

:)

Top Bottom