Purchasing XenForo license from another person

ibab

I can not afford a whole new license for XenForo, so I am looking to purchase a license from a person who owns one but doesn't need it anymore.

My question is, is it allowed to purchase a license from someone else and how does it work? Will the license be transferred to my account and will I get my forum account associated with the license so I can download addons?

Thank you.

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.

Thanks for the quick reply. However, it is still unknown to me how the transferring works. I will pay the person and then how do I get the license?
The seller opens a ticket with a transfer request. Once one of the support team members answer the ticket and grant the transfer, the last thing the seller needs to do is to confirm the transfer. If its a scammer he/she will probably not confirm it and run away with your money... Its based on what my friend experienced...

So I suggest to be very careful.

Thank you for all the replies. The person who I would be purchasing it from is complete stranger to me.
I might consider collecting enough money for the license then, since I don't want to risk losing my money.
I would have purchased XenForo license before, but I completely missed the part which said the price doesn't include VAT.

Thank you for all the replies. The person who I would be purchasing it from is complete stranger to me.
I might consider collecting enough money for the license then, since I don't want to risk losing my money.
I would have purchased XenForo license before, but I completely missed the part which said the price doesn't include VAT.
I don't believe it's possible to purchase XenForo at the moment, the payment system is broken and it appears no one is able to fix it, it's been like that for a while. Remember to be careful when buying things from strangers online, it's only to easy to ripped off. Out of curiosity, how much are you offering for the licence?

I don't believe it's possible to purchase XenForo at the moment, the payment system is broken and it appears no one is able to fix it, it's been like that for a while. Remember to be careful when buying things from strangers online, it's only to easy to ripped off. Out of curiosity, how much are you offering for the licence?

Thats a load of rubbish? People have been buying it fine. The only issue is occassionaly some people are running into the Paypal firewall, which, is nothing to do with XenForo.

I am offering from $60-$90 for the license. However, I've chosen not to purchase it from a stranger since I don't want to risk losing my money. I will just collect enough to purchase it directly from XenForo.

Top Bottom