Purchasing Site Redirects

xIsabel38

So I went in search of purchasing some extra domain names for my site redirection and I came across Register.com. They flaunted selling a domain name for as little as 50 cents per year for a simple site redirect! Well let me tell you, if something sounds too good to be true, it surely is.

At such an amazing price I jumped on it. Completed the entire purchase which included private registration and went to the account settings to go set it up. $11.50 was all I spent in total.

So sure enough, I get to the site redirection area and they have two plans available. Your basic plan for free that leaves a brand back to them, or a $50 plan to remove that brand. Now I'm not so excited anymore. Now I see the catch.

This is what it looks like.

unaccept.webp

Obviously unacceptable. Who would want that on their site? I quickly requested a refund of my $11.50. Lesson learned.

haha

This reminds me about NameZero. About thirteen years ago, they were giving away domain names for free. The only catch was that they inserted a bar like the one on your screenshot. I got one of my big domain names through them. After I found that my site had potential I requested a transfer off of them and luckily I transferred my domain away from them.

Top Bottom