1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchasing Site Redirects

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by xIsabel38, Aug 14, 2013.

1. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

So I went in search of purchasing some extra domain names for my site redirection and I came across Register.com. They flaunted selling a domain name for as little as 50 cents per year for a simple site redirect! Well let me tell you, if something sounds too good to be true, it surely is.

At such an amazing price I jumped on it. Completed the entire purchase which included private registration and went to the account settings to go set it up. $11.50 was all I spent in total.

So sure enough, I get to the site redirection area and they have two plans available. Your basic plan for free that leaves a brand back to them, or a $50 plan to remove that brand. Now I'm not so excited anymore. Now I see the catch.

This is what it looks like.

Obviously unacceptable. Who would want that on their site? I quickly requested a refund of my $11.50. Lesson learned.
  2. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

This reminds me about NameZero. About thirteen years ago, they were giving away domain names for free. The only catch was that they inserted a bar like the one on your screenshot. I got one of my big domain names through them. After I found that my site had potential I requested a transfer off of them and luckily I transferred my domain away from them.