Pulling Private Forums in "New Posts"?

MistyMeanor

I am just wondering if there is already an add-on (my apologizes if there is and I have overlooked or couldn't find it) or if I can put a suggestion out for one related to what I need.

I have moderator forums within in my forum, as I am sure many places do...

On vB, I was able to set forum permissions to where my admin and moderation team, upon hitting "new posts" was able to also pull threads/posts from the invisible to others' forums. They would only pull up in "new post" search for admin, sup mod, moderators upon allowing certain usergroups to do this.

We also have some private forums for registered members to where they can only view them based upon age or gender criteria. It would be nice if there was a way to allow only the registered members that are approved to view the forum based on the appropriate criteria, to be able to hit "new posts" and have threads/posts in those forums pull as well.

I am running 1.2 RC2 and I won't be installing any more add-ons until it hits gold, and/or until the currently installed add-ons are upgraded to 1.2, but this is something I would love to be able to do... either straight out-of-the-box XF 1.2 or with an add-on created to do this. Thanks for listening. :)

Any new post in a forum that one has access to should show in the "What's New" listing. As long as your permissions are set properly, what you are looking for should be happening already.

Any new post in a forum that one has access to should show in the "What's New" listing. As long as your permissions are set properly, what you are looking for should be happening already.

Oh ok... well maybe I have something OFF somewhere. Because for example, I created not only a mod's forum, but also one for Admin/Super Mods. I had a thread sitting in there 3 days and had to tell them it was there because they stated it wasn't pulling up in "new posts." Do you know offhand what the particular permission I should be looking for may be?

For future reference for anyone who may come across this thread. The setting to turn inclusion in what's new is a per-node setting and can be found by editing any individual node and under "Forum Options".

Top Bottom