XF 2.0 Public navigation

AndyB

I would like to add a tab called About us. When the tab is clicked I would like to display a phrase or template.

Admin control panel -> Setup -> Public navigation

1508459194222.webp

What should I enter into the fields?

Last edited:
I was able to make a new tab called About us.

It's a little confusing because the absence of any selection where the red arrow shows is needed to create a new tab.

1508513918227.webp

All this area does is control what is displayed in the navigation (what tabs are there, what's in the sub-navigation, etc). It doesn't affect anything on the page that you're linking to. You need to implement that all separately.

So here's what I did to create an About us tab.

First create a Public navigation like this:

Admin control panel -> Setup -> Public navigation

1508517009313.webp

Second create a Page like this:

Admin control panel -> Forums -> Nodes

1508517209182.webp

This is what the new About us tab looks like.

1508517339952.webp

Is there any way to make the Public navigation able to be shown only to the Unregistered/Unconfirmed user group?

That's part of the basic type. The node type respects the node's permissions, so you'd edit those to control who can see the page and the nav.

Yes! I gave up trying to figure out how to make another tab.
To see it was in front of my face the whole time unmarked, its no wonder I could never figure it out.
Thanks @AndyB for posting this.

Thanks @AndyB. Reading this thread was a big help. I was able to easily create a new navigation tab for our store.

The store is visible to unregistered/unconfirmed. Is there a way I can set a permission to allow unregistered/unconfirmed to see the store but not be able to buy from it, rather they would see "You must in or registered to use this section" ? In other words, they can see the store/categories/products, but can't shop unless they are registered or confirmed. I can't figure out how to do this since the store is not a XF2.0 add-on.

www.HobbyGreenhouseGrowers.org

Top Bottom