Ps1 Community

My concern is how many people really have interest in a console that came out in the mid-90s. Some may, but I'm not confident that demand is there especially with a new console that comes next year.

Personally I would have no interest in talking about anything in regards to a PS1 even though I've had Playstation since the first one. Though every new generation I upgrade and get rid of the previous one.

There are really no games or content in regards to the PS1 that I would care to talk about personally. Maybe someone else will?

Hi,

Thank you for your detailed reply, if there is one, it’s going to be a very small I know, going to let it run for a while, see what if anything happens.

Best Regards
Jay

There's a market for retro games as a whole, most definitely, and even the sony retro community has a voice, but the PS1 is going to need some seriously interesting content to generate any sort of buzz and bring people from existing retro communities, and I'm not sure that buzz really exists at the moment. Good luck to you, genuinely, because as a retro gamer and collector myself, I want all retro communities to succeed and keep the interest level and hobby alive, but you'll need more than a few simple forums on a website to make that happen.

Spend some time on the appearance of the site, for a start, it's just a Xenforo installation at the moment, what makes it unique to your site? Make it appealing, add some features, add some content and start the discussions yourself. You want people to join, you have to give them something they'll want to respond to. I'd start there and build up.

Hi,

Thank you for the insights from a retro gamer point of view, will do some research on other retro gaming communities.

Best Regards
Jay
Hey there,

I like the cause of your forums. Definitely a retro gamer myself and love retro gaming communities. But I would definitely take the above advise given by @Static-Xbox and work on the appearance of your forum. Make it stand out. Create interesting topics, maybe even run some competitions and quizzes. Good luck!

Top Bottom