Proxy Link-Forum

Proxy Link-Forum 2.4.1

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Proxy Link-Forum - Converts link forums into proxies for actual forums

Converts link forums into proxies for actual forums, allowing post information, post counts, etc from the destination forum to be visible when viewing the link-forum.

Note; only works as-expected for destinations which are a Forum (not a page or anything else). Does not have much in the way of input validation.

To a front-end user, a link forum can be made nearly indistinguishable to a normal forum.

Performance Impact
This causes 1 extra query if there are link-forums on the...

Read more about this resource...

The proxy functionality only pulls in stats from a forum, it should just basically fall back to the original link-forum behaviour

This addon may solve a problem I will have in a few months time when I merge two communities together, but keep them largely separated in the UI - I was debating about how to include certain forums in both areas - this may allow me to use a proxy link to achieve that.

Reactions: Xon
This addon may solve a problem I will have in a few months time when I merge two communities together, but keep them largely separated in the UI - I was debating about how to include certain forums in both areas - this may allow me to use a proxy link to achieve that.
I'm planning on porting my (paid) Aggregating forums add-on to XF2 soon, this works with Link Proxy forums to achieve rather nifty results.

You have have a thread from Forum A, appear in another Forum B via a link-proxy forum as a child of Forum B

@Xon
There is a error. Can you help please?

Code:
Error: Call to a member function getNodeListExtras() on null in src/addons/SV/ProxyLinkForum/XF/Entity/LinkForum.php at line 20
SV\ProxyLinkForum\XF\Entity\LinkForum->getNodeListExtras() in src/XF/Entity/Node.php at line 74
XF\Entity\Node->getNodeListExtras() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 215
XF\Repository\Node->XF\Repository\{closure}() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 212
XF\Repository\Node->XF\Repository\{closure}() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 212
XF\Repository\Node->XF\Repository\{closure}() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 223
XF\Repository\Node->getNodeListExtras() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 53
XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionList() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

If I have a link forum that points to a forum but with a specific prefix (i.e. /forums/some-node.12/?prefix_id=1), will this add-on work?

Thanks in advance!

When configured as a proxy; Link proxy forums essentially hid themselves from the forum list and just show up as the target. So that question shouldn't happen!

When configured as a proxy; Link proxy forums essentially hid themselves from the forum list and just show up as the target. So that question shouldn't happen!

I'm not sure I understand, but I think the answer is no, based on testing the add-on. Here's my situation:

Basically I have a forum called Regional and it has 6 prefixes (one for each continent). I have one link on the front page to the actual forum so that people can see everything in there, and 6 link forums that point to regional.12/?prefix=x where x is the number of the prefix. Those are so that people can go straight to the appropriate continent inside the regional forum.

So people can view the entire world or each continent.

But the link forum shows up like a regular link forum on the front page and doesn't show things like latest post activity, whereas the global one does. I was hoping this add-on would fix that.

Top Bottom