Proxy Link-Forum

Proxy Link-Forum 2.4.1

No permission to download
After installing, you must configure each proxy forum. It doesn't extract the forum it is proxying from the existing URL.

This is done under the admincp => content => forums => each link forum;

Ah now I see. OK well I tried that @Xon and it doesn't seem like it does what I was looking for - I was hoping the "proxy" information would carry through the prefix as well, but it looks like it shows the stats/activity of the parent, not of the prefix filter:

What I am looking for is more like this: (This is a crude mockup)

It would be nice to have an option to also count the threads/forums of subforums. At this moment when I select a proxy forum it counts only the threads/posts of the specific forum.

I read somewhere Xon has said that when this add-on is used in combination with aggregated forum, it can do something good.

Can you enlighten me how what possibly can be done by giving me a simple example? Thanks.

You setup a proxied forum, and if the aggregated forum is setup that proxy forum gets aggregated like a real forum.

I found a conflict between this add-on and Question Threads 2.1.2.

Since the developer of that add-on has not been responding to anything to his add-ons for a year or so, I need to come here and seek help as both of them are very important to me.

I guess I'll need to change something myself to avoid such errors appearing (in debug mode and in ACP logs). The functionality of both add-ons seems not to be affected though.

1587612561137.webp

Nodes 96 and 136 don't exist.

Code:
Server error log

InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'CMTV_QT_type' on XF:LinkForum[136] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
Generated by: Fourth user Apr 23, 2020 at 4:23 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('CMTV_QT_type')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/node_list_forum.php(193): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('CMTV_QT_type')

@CMTV's add-on has a template modification which needs fixing. It is the Changing "Threads" label to "Questions" template modification which is written with bad assumptions.

If you have your forum in developer mode, you can change the template replace body from;
XML:
<xf:if is="$node.Data.CMTV_QT_type == 'questions_only'">
    <dt>{{ phrase('CMTV_QT_questions') }}</dt>
<xf:else />
    $0
</xf:if>
to
XML:
<xf:if is="$node.node_type_id === 'Forum' && $node.Data.CMTV_QT_type == 'questions_only'">
    <dt>{{ phrase('CMTV_QT_questions') }}</dt>
<xf:else />
    $0
</xf:if>

Probably should also update Custom node icon for "Questions only" forum template modification to also have the node_type_id check

Thanks for your help! I changed the first template.

But I have no idea how the following is done.

Probably should also update Custom node icon for "Questions only" forum template modification to also have the node_type_id check

1587647693047.png
Code:
<!--XF:CSS-->
Code:
$0

<xf:css src="CMTV_QT_questions_only_forums.less" />

Last edited:
@Xon I got fewer errors but they are still there.

1587689788782.webp

1587689828019.webp

Code:
Server error log
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'CMTV_QT_type' on XF:LinkForum[136] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
Generated by: admin Apr 24, 2020 at 1:51 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('CMTV_QT_type')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/node_list_forum.php(91): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('CMTV_QT_type')

Top Bottom