XF 2.2 Proxied imgur images stopped working today

Mave

They all look like this now: https://forums.tms.sx/threads/main-character.44874/

What do I do? What's the course of action here?

dXt9CxG.png

What’s the original URL for that image? Using that URL in the image proxy test tool will give you a reason for the failure, hopefully.

Thanks for replying @Chris D
However I am unable to find the "Proxy test tool" in my admin panel. Where should this be located?
Nevermind I found it now.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/Pu4ebDp.jpg could not be fetched or is not a valid image. The specific error message was: Received unexpected response code 429 (Unknown Error)

Not sure what you mean by "access the image directly" but I've just demonstrated the behaviour here is different.

We use the image proxy here.

There's no error when the image is used in a post. As a result, we also don't get an error in the Test image proxy tool.

Not sure what you mean by "access the image directly" but I've just demonstrated the behaviour here is different.

We use the image proxy here.

There's no error when the image is used in a post. As a result, we also don't get an error in the Test image proxy tool.
So any suggestions? What can I do?

Error 429 is a rate limiting error - did you recently do an image proxy refresh? Or maybe the image cache time limit was up, so your site went through them all again (hitting the limit)

Error 429 is a rate limiting error - did you recently do an image proxy refresh? Or maybe the image cache time limit was up, so your site went through them all again (hitting the limit)
I did change the key just now, in an unsuccessful attempt to fix this issue.
You might be onto something with the image cache limit time. It's set to 0 though.
Any changes I should do here?

H5lpv6H.png

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but didn't imgur recently issue a proclamation that certain "user level" images were no longer going to be continued to be served by their site?
I think (don't take it for gospel) that only users that have an associated account images will continue to be served (at least for now until they figure out a way to force payments like another company did not to long ago to continue serving your images). Just one more step to "give me the money" by companies, but honestly, I can't fault them. If I could totally do away with linking outside images on my site and forcing them to be uploaded/served from there, I'd be willing to pay the extra $10-$15 for R2/S3 storage that it would cost. The problem is many don't realize that the images they link to may be associated with a "paid" account they have.. .I've already ran into that on my small site in which one users apparently cancelled his image hosting service (specific to astrophotography) and man of his images no longer show up.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but didn't imgur recently issue a proclamation that certain "user level" images were no longer going to be continued to be served by their site?
I think (don't take it for gospel) that only users that have an associated account images will continue to be served (at least for now until they figure out a way to force payments like another company did not to long ago to continue serving your images). Just one more step to "give me the money" by companies, but honestly, I can't fault them. If I could totally do away with linking outside images on my site and forcing them to be uploaded/served from there, I'd be willing to pay the extra $10-$15 for R2/S3 storage that it would cost. The problem is many don't realize that the images they link to may be associated with a "paid" account they have.. .I've already ran into that on my small site in which one users apparently cancelled his image hosting service (specific to astrophotography) and man of his images no longer show up.
That's why I encourage my users to upload directly to the forum. I myself do use imgur because 99% of the content is posted by me. However I do weekly backups of my new imgur images (170k and counting).

That's why I encourage my users to upload directly to the forum. I myself do use imgur because 99% of the content is posted by me. However I do weekly backups of my new imgur images (170k and counting).
Currently if you are "registered" with them, they will still see fit to server your images... but call me a pessimistic arse, but I see in the near future they being requiring a "paid" level to be able to hot link to mages on their site (been there, done that, got the t-shirt, hat AND the coffee mug with another image storage provider)... it's simply (as I said) one more reason I'd really like XF to be able to only allowing direct upload of attachments/images like that.
Yes, I know there are ways to "work" around that, especially using the link proxy ability.... but that remains a "hack". The problem is if you set your settings to outrageous levels to keep the image.. .if the user ever updates it on that remote site... does it update on yours? I've had that happen regularly where the processing of a particular astro image may get redone, and the user simply wants the original image to point at the "current" one.

To follow up on this, it seems imgur have recently made a change which prevents their images from being proxied for some (possibly all, eventually) sites.

We've had several reports of it now.

The options are to add their URL to the proxy bypass:

1684178314901.png

Or upload the images to posts as attachments.

Top Bottom