Proud owner of XF

I am in a similar position.. I like the forum software I am running now, IPB, and have no real motive to move, but I do like how this software is crisp clean and smooth running.

So, even though I have no real reason to buy a license, I just did. Call it Legal Defense fund.. Call it Paying the Rent fund.. call it respecting the gang that put this together.. Call it good competition helps us all.. or simply call it a strike against IB..

I am excited about loading it up and seeing what cools feature sets you guys bring to the forum world. Good luck!

Jamie

Jumped in here too. Not planning on going public for a while with it, but I've been terribly bored recently and now I have a nice shiny new toy to play with and am itching to get my dev head back on and start getting some mods organised.

Localhost installation done. Incredibly easy - I was expecting something a little harder! Love the shiny ACP too. Now to just get some sleep then I am nice and refreshed for going through the code tomorrow and seeing what I can do with it.

[edit] I really do need to sort out an avatar - open to suggestions coz I've not had any need to pick one out for a very long time and the ones I do have just aren't suitable any more (plus they have random usernames on them)

Heya Cheesegrits!
:: waves ::
You're welcome to play on our testbed install, it's up and running and I sent you the new IP for it. :)

Kerry-Anne, good to see you here! We use a few of your mods, and from what I'm seeing in the ACP/files XF looks a lot more mod friendly :). As for avatar, you could always go with a simple headshot as many of us are doing here. Ooooor, I could send you a big picture of a cookie? They seem popular ;)

Kerry-Anne, good to see you here! We use a few of your mods, and from what I'm seeing in the ACP/files XF looks a lot more mod friendly :). As for avatar, you could always go with a simple headshot as many of us are doing here. Ooooor, I could send you a big picture of a cookie? They seem popular ;)
I'm planning on doing some mod conversions over. It's about time I gave them a little TLC anyway seeing as they have been neglected for a long time while I was deciding what to do next.

I don't think I'll go with the headshot for my avvy, but a cookie sounds good. It's either that, something totally random, or a pic of the arm cast I was unhappily sporting until not quite 2 weeks ago which is also really random but it saves me searching for something else :p

Although old fashioned, I do kind of like 'real' avatars. I just like being able to put a face to a name. OK, so maybe not everywhere ... my little purple hippo will continue to be my avatar over on vborg ... but I'm hoping we can build a good old fashioned community of devs on XF, where I don't mind people seeing my ugly mug! Especially as it's mostly hair, so you can't really see me, LOL! But that's me in my Happy Place, behind The Other Keyboard.

Hi James!! ::waves back::

@Jamie - yeah, I wasn't going to mention it, but Legal Defense Fund was definitely in my mind when I decided to get a license. Screw IB, and the horse they rode in on.

-- hugh

Top Bottom