Promoted Content [Paid] [Deleted]

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Promoted Content - Display featured content everywhere on your site.

This add on provides a way to display your forum's content in one place. We offer two widgets (a third one is going to be coming soon) powered by bd Widget Framework.

The first widget is "posts", this displays your featured content exactly as it would be seen when viewing it within the thread view. Please note that some of the bbcode doesn't render the way it would within the thread view (attachments and quotes) due to running through the widget framework instead of the XenForo view object. I...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: DRE
Can you please include a configurable height of the promoted widget? I feel mine is too tall.

Purchased but when trying to install I get this error:

Server Error
Non-static method XMPromotedContent_Install::_getDb() should not be called statically

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XMPromotedContent/Install.php at line 29
  2. XMPromotedContent_Install::_getDb() in XMPromotedContent/Install.php at line 29
  3. XMPromotedContent_Install::Install()
  4. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sites/xf.spurscommunity.co.uk/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I sent you a private conversation, would like you to test something before I zip, upload, and email everyone.

Last edited:
"all" places it in the sidebar and works fine.

Putting a hook name (I've tried several), gives a blank space.

This is all I get when I try using a hook
Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 19.27.11.webp

Edit: It's not just your widget, any widget I try placing with a hook is empty, even the preconfigured ones. Any ideas @xfrocks ?

Last edited:
It's our dev site so it's not possible to signup, etc.

I just tried moving the forum statistics default widget to hook: page_container_content_top and that did the same thing.

Top Bottom