• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Project Tools for xenForo

SeVeN

xpt_logo-png.13920

I'm too busy studying at university, so I spend little time developing the project. In spite of this project is already almost at the final stage.

Below you can see some screenshots. All icons drawn by me but also supports attachments and private issues/notes.

I very much understand that all tired of waiting for the release, but I ask a little patience. Also I will soon need a few beta testers who subsequently receive a single license for free (+ updates for one year).

PS: so far, do not pay attention to the history of changes (timeline). All changes in the final version will be grouped by day.

Key features:
Checkmark_sh_16.webp Tree Structure for projects & categories
Checkmark_sh_16.webp Advanced permission system
Checkmark_sh_16.webp Issue types & issue statuses Customization
Checkmark_sh_16.webp Wiki for each project
Checkmark_sh_16.webp Timeline

Attachments

• xPT_01.webp
    xPT_01.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 784
  • xPT_02.webp
    xPT_02.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 537
  • xPT_03.webp
    xPT_03.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 408
  • xPT_04.webp
    xPT_04.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 403
  • xPT_05.webp
    xPT_05.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 379
  • xpt_public_01.webp
    xpt_public_01.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 386
  • xpt_public_02.webp
    xpt_public_02.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 587
  • xpt_public_03.webp
    xpt_public_03.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 401
  • xpt_public_04.webp
    xpt_public_04.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 461
Paid as in "Wow, hell no, I'm not gonna buy that" or paid as in "That's fair for the author, here's 10 bucks" or between those 2? ;)
oh, depending on price, but then it's nothing for me, because of the bad experiance in the past with some vbgeek & microhellas scripts...
I make every effort to have everything perfectly. Time will tell what will happen next. It is early to say the price of the product and its quality.

It sure looks very detailed and obviously a huge amount of effort put into. As I have suggested before for these kind of projects a lite version would attract more users, maybe encourage to buy.

Looks really nice, just one of the many things I need before I can make the switch. Nice to see more and more mods being developed for xF.

Definitely like this.

Each Project should have their own "Home Page".
Each Project should have a Recent Activity.
Each Project should have an Events section.
Each Project should have a Meeting request section (with regrets and confirmations).
Each Project should have a Forum, if they want it (and as many subforums as desired).
- Mandatory Voting Options.
- Who read this thread options.
I think some Businesses would want Tighter Login Restrictions. Some cookie saved in a browser that allows the next person to view entire projects ? (security alert !) - Maybe some / all Projects would need an additional password for security ? (that cant be saved in the browser?)
Alerts could be triggered by project admins (that show up in the xenforo alerts) to whatever they want alerted ?
Users should have their own homepage ... with all their projects listed and many other things (What's new, new project alerts, new PMs, new invites (to other projects, etc.) - ideally some control of what they want on that page.
Users should be able to bookmark things (documents, wiki items, posts, todos, whatever).
Users should have a TODO inbox, PM inbox.
Users should have private TODOs and Public ToDos.
Users should be able to tell what has changed in the project and if they've seen the change.
Should be able to see if other users are online and available for instant messaging, etc.
Please do a good job of Documents (both wiki documents and uploaded documents).
Projects need a good search feature (search everything - todos, forum, timelines, documents, wiki, etc.)
Like buttons needed (maybe that's too simple) .... Full comments are probably better.
Wiki items and basically every item needs ability to comment and attach things.
Consider researching Group methodologies like "Getting Things Done" for Groups, etc.
email and/or alerts and/or SMS instant message ? for items assigned to people by admins.
Xenforo's native Pages could help something in this Project, but keep in Mind those Pages aren't editable by a WYSIWYG editor and are only editable from the admincp.
Are there any other Project Tools that could be adapted for Xenforo ?
Many people keep saying they want Wordpress, etc - what are the best of breed project tools ? Might that be an easier way to do things ?
I'd be happy to beta test for you :) Sorry about the Lack of ideas, I'm a bit busy ATM.

Definitely like this.

Each Project should have their own "Home Page".
Each Project should have a Recent Activity.
Each Project should have an Events section.
Each Project should have a Meeting request section (with regrets and confirmations).
Each Project should have a Forum, if they want it (and as many subforums as desired).
- Mandatory Voting Options.
- Who read this thread options.
I think some Businesses would want Tighter Login Restrictions. Some cookie saved in a browser that allows the next person to view entire projects ? (security alert !) - Maybe some / all Projects would need an additional password for security ? (that cant be saved in the browser?)
Alerts could be triggered by project admins (that show up in the xenforo alerts) to whatever they want alerted ?
Users should have their own homepage ... with all their projects listed and many other things (What's new, new project alerts, new PMs, new invites (to other projects, etc.) - ideally some control of what they want on that page.
Users should be able to bookmark things (documents, wiki items, posts, todos, whatever).
Users should have a TODO inbox, PM inbox.
Users should have private TODOs and Public ToDos.
Users should be able to tell what has changed in the project and if they've seen the change.
Should be able to see if other users are online and available for instant messaging, etc.
Please do a good job of Documents (both wiki documents and uploaded documents).
Projects need a good search feature (search everything - todos, forum, timelines, documents, wiki, etc.)
Like buttons needed (maybe that's too simple) .... Full comments are probably better.
Wiki items and basically every item needs ability to comment and attach things.
Consider researching Group methodologies like "Getting Things Done" for Groups, etc.
email and/or alerts and/or SMS instant message ? for items assigned to people by admins.
Xenforo's native Pages could help something in this Project, but keep in Mind those Pages aren't editable by a WYSIWYG editor and are only editable from the admincp.
Are there any other Project Tools that could be adapted for Xenforo ?
Many people keep saying they want Wordpress, etc - what are the best of breed project tools ? Might that be an easier way to do things ?
I'd be happy to beta test for you :) Sorry about the Lack of ideas, I'm a bit busy ATM.

I guess you had some thoughts about this already? Or did you thumb suck that? :D

That was just off the top of my head !

I have thought about it before though.
I think if Xenforo had a good CMS (I think Jaxel's addons + wordpress might qualify) then a Good Intranet + Project stuff could be marketed towards small business. Many small businesses don't really want an open forum mind you.

Looks great if it is paid as long as it is a fair price in the $50 to $75 range I would pick it up would be very helpful

Top Bottom