Project Honey Pot

the core setting with project honeypot somehow attracted a flock of spammers.

i was doing fine with the question/answer thing, then i put my honeypot code in and all these a55hole spammers showed up.

i might have to get this addon!

edit: just got it. testing as soon as i receive the permission to download.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
@Mouth 9 months without a spammer? that's awesome. i feel like registering on your site with a random name using a hotmail or outlook email! you just wait until April Fools!!!

JK

@Mouth 9 months without a spammer? that's awesome. i feel like registering on your site with a random name using a hotmail or outlook email! you just wait until April Fools!!!
Hahaha, real users are most welcome! :)
But seriously, yes it will be genuinely that long. FPHP immediately halted all bots, and SHS (combined with country blocking) got rid of all the low-paid human spammers too. I still have, from time-to-time, a couple of industry business owners/reps relevant to my site come and try to promo their business/services, but I don't really call that spam per se.

So far since installing these two addons my logs are piling up with blocked registrations, I haven't had one spam registration or post yet. A must have.

Sugesstion: Add tick boxes to /admin.php?stats/daily for FPHP, SHS, SCS, and API to get metrics and trends on how many are blocked.

Top Bottom