Project Bloodfang - New PC Build Log.

So a boring update today. I wasn't realy happy with the looks of the current GPU blocks, so ordered the full length frosted CSQ ones, this way, they will match the blocks on the mobo.
Heres how they looked before

DSCN2495.JPG

Ready to go...

DSCN2723.JPG

First remove the old block, and reapply thermal interface materials, this is what a naked 290x looks like.

DSCN2724.JPG

I couldnt realy take any photos of the next part, because it pretty much involved me having to grow a 3rd arm to hold the card and waterblocks in place, whilst screwing it in place.

Anyway, the end results...

DSCN2727.JPG

DSCN2729.JPG

DSCN2734.JPG

DSCN2740.JPG

So today had the PSU turn up. Many of you know what bitcoin mining is, and unfortunately it means theres currently a very short supply of high power PSU's. So getting hold of this particular monster PSU was difficult.

DSCN2769.JPG

So lets open it up? Eh... very tidy.
DSCN2770.JPG

A very nice package provided by corsair there.
DSCN2771.JPG

It very rare when grabbing something that you feel the quality instantly, but this PSU, wow, it just oozes quality all over.

DSCN2775.JPG

DSCN2776.JPG

DSCN2777.JPG

So lets take a close up of the rails. Yes thats right, the +12v has 100.4 Amps... pretty scary stuff! Personally I prefer divided rails, but they are rarely come by nowdays, and the safety measures inside these PSU's are top notch.

DSCN2783.JPG

32 giggidybytes of C10 2400Mhz RAM. As sexy as those heatspreaders are, they'll be disapearing in the future...

DSCN2784.JPG

The 2 radiators for the graphics cards. I could use a single higher density radiator, but that requires higher pressure fans, and more noise. So opted to run 2 radiators for the 2 cards and use low RPM fans instead.

DSCN2786.JPG

DSCN2787.JPG

Finally, a shot of all the hardware so far!
DSCN2789.JPG

So today finally got around to building the mount for the 2 pumps.

Unfortunately the pictures taken in constructions wern't great, so only pictures of the end result. Forgot how much fun it was doing metalwork/engineering.

DSCN2826.JPG

DSCN2827.JPG

DSCN2828.JPG

Pumps in place.

DSCN2831.JPG

And all in the case, I intentionally put some overhang of the mounting plate near the motherboard partly to hide the pump cables (even though i'll be sleeving them) and as an additional place to attach stuff if needed.

Sorry for the dust!

DSCN2834.JPG

DSCN2836.JPG

DSCN2839.JPG

So today had a box of bits turn up from frozencpu. I have heard amazing things about these cougar fans, however, finding somewhere in the UK that has them at a good price was near impossible. So had to get them from the US.

DSCN2853.JPG

Also grabbed some of these splitters to make cabling and fan control easier. 1 in 5 out.

DSCN2856.JPG

140mm and 120mm next to each other

DSCN2858.JPG

Now the screws black ice provide are CRAP. Look at this. No room to actually attach them to the radiator in any way, let alone with a easy mount from CaseLabs.

DSCN2860.JPG

So a trip down the builders merchant for some longer screws and some black matte spray.

DSCN2861.JPG

DSCN2862.JPG

As for the orange in the fans? Well, a little model builders acrylic paint takes care of that.

DSCN2865.JPG

So mounted up the 3 radiators, the unpainted one needs to be re-done, but another trip down the builders merchant to pick up some washers needs to be done first.

DSCN2866.JPG

Stacky....

DSCN2869.JPG

Seriously, if you are going to be running your rig at insane loads why bother? I have 16g RAM and an i7 and have yet to max it out. My CPU usage is about 10% and memory is around 60% (that is with a lot of crap open)

Why not :)

Some people buy flash cars, others expensive holidays, others expensive bling. Me? I build a beastly rig.
Still confused, I am a gamer (where all the load comes from) so where is your load coming from? Just trying to work out the expense vs the return considering my i7 and 16G has not been taxed yet.

Still confused, I am a gamer (where all the load comes from) so where is your load coming from? Just trying to work out the expense vs the return considering my i7 and 16G has not been taxed yet.

Same arguement could be said about a VW polo vs a ferrari. Both will get you from point A to point B, and both are limited by the speed limits, so why spend 200k on a car when one for 1000 will do the same job :)

However, the graphics cards have 1 radiator each due to how hot they run, and i'll be bitcoin mining. The cpu, memory and chipset get a radiator to itself as that will be overclocked.

As for why so much memory? Well, i'll be gaming also, but running the games from a ramdisk.

Same arguement could be said about a VW polo vs a ferrari. Both will get you from point A to point B, and both are limited by the speed limits, so why spend 200k on a car when one for 1000 will do the same job :)

However, the graphics cards have 1 radiator each due to how hot they run, and i'll be bitcoin mining. The cpu, memory and chipset get a radiator to itself as that will be overclocked.

As for why so much memory? Well, i'll be gaming also, but running the games from a ramdisk.
ferrari => chicks:p
overclocked computer => ???

Can you show me a game which will push your rig, am still confused about your expense. Games are no where near what PCs are capable off.

Pumps in place.

DSCN2831.JPG

And all in the case, I intentionally put some overhang of the mounting plate near the motherboard partly to hide the pump cables (even though i'll be sleeving them) and as an additional place to attach stuff if needed.

Sorry for the dust!

DSCN2834.JPG

DSCN2836.JPG

DSCN2839.JPG

Are those even legal? :p

Top Bottom