Lack of interest Profile Timeline

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
XenForo is a forum, not a social network.
Does anyone really need a diary of someone's profile? Sheesh!
I WISH IT (fb) WOULD IMPLODE ALREADY!

I just converted my profile, and I absolutely hate it. Now I have a jealous gf able to see my posts from years ago.. fML

I don't see why everyone is saying forums aren't a social network, how would a list of posts made be making forums into a social network? Plus you could also do when the user joined, if they were banned (moderators-only maybe?), when they were un-banned(moderators-only?), when they got promoted to a new group (i.e. Registered > Moderators), and even trophy awardings. How is any of that like a social network? You already have those features there, why not make full use in showing them easier? And no, I'm not saying it's not easy now - but a singular list couldn't really hurt.

So my last post was more or less a rant, but now that I think of this there should be a simple tab called "Timeline" that simply shows all current data (recent posts, created threads, trophy awards as well as - if you scroll down far enough - when that user joined). The reason I say this is simply for the fact that redesigning the profiles completely to be a timeline is useless as forums usually don't collect as much data (per day) as a site like Facebook or Twitter does. Would doing something like this take a ton of time? Is there already a way to make a tab that can grab info from a field that has multiple specified tabs (ie. the join date would be specified under the "About"/"Timeline" tabs)? Also, I ask some of these questions rhetorically since I do know some of them are available - it's mainly for others to consider, though.

Also, I may or may not add more to this post as I think of it as to not spam this thread or piss anyone off ;) lol

PLEASE do not let us get into another BORING debate about whether a forum is a social network.
Some are, some are not.
That's it.

XF does an excellent job of spanning the spectrum of needs here.
Please don't attacvk other admins who have a different kind of forum to yours. That just makes you look small minded and silly. Stick with what suits you, fine, but accept that might not be what suits everyone.

PLEASE do not let us get into another BORING debate about whether a forum is a social network.
Some are, some are not.
That's it.

XF does an excellent job of spanning the spectrum of needs here.
Please don't attacvk other admins who have a different kind of forum to yours. That just makes you look small minded and silly. Stick with what suits you, fine, but accept that might not be what suits everyone.
I'm not debating that forums are or aren't a social network, but rather if a timeline is or isn't (isn't in my humble opinion) an aspect of a social network. The only reason I even brought it up was because someone said that's like making things more social network-like, which I was simply asking how when all it really would be (as far as this thread) is a different way of presenting information that is already available/used on an xenForo forum.

Top Bottom