XF 1.5 Profile Post Updates

Glockie

Hello all,
Bit of a weird glitch here.. For some reason two members on the site have this exact same issue.
They post status posts, but the posts don't update on the membercard or their profiles.
The usual way of sorting it is I usually delete the previous status post.

However it's becoming more frequent and one I have tested with, won't update after deletion, nor clearing caches etc.
Just wondering how else can I force this to update ie is it a cron or cache issue and finally, has anyone experienced this before?
Very many thanks. :)

Funny thing, I logged into the account and posted a test update - worked fine. I repeated it several times, all working fine.
This evening the member has changed their status to another profile post and it's not updated on the membercard or his actual profile.
Anyone have any ideas why the profile post / status update is sticking?
Quite frustrating..

I'll try disabling that for a minute and see where we go. But thank you, you always try to assist and I appreciate that. (y)

I think that disabling it will help. You can also notify its developer so they can look into this as it appears to be a bug with said add on.

Glad to be of help whenever I can sir :)

I think that disabling it will help. You can also notify its developer so they can look into this as it appears to be a bug with said add on.

Glad to be of help whenever I can sir :)
Not worked.. Grr.
Still the same, works for a split second, but reverts to the old update.

Not worked.. Grr.
Still the same, works for a split second, but reverts to the old update.

I can not reproduce this issue myself. I have tried it several times and it works normally. I think that a third party add on is causing this. Can you try to disable all ad ons and have another look? Then you can re enable them one by one till you find the one causing it.

I'll certainly try.. Much easier said than done on such a busy site, but will try.
Is the status updates stored in the session table do you know?
I'll fiddle away still and see what I can find. I have cleared caches etc.. But still nothing.

There's no cron entry.

The profile_post_id for the current status should be cached into the status_profile_post_id field of the xf_user_profile table.
Okay thanks Chris, don't know what I can do with it but will delve and see if there's a caching issue etc. Thank you as always.

There's no cron entry.

The profile_post_id for the current status should be cached into the status_profile_post_id field of the xf_user_profile table.
I can see the statuses being put in real time, and can see the 'stuck' ones too.. Deleting them of course removes them from the profile - but when a new one goes up they get stuck.
Right at the risk of hanging myself again, is this related to the hourly clean up / session etc? :D :confused:

It's nothing to do with cron. It should be live.

You need to do an experiment:
  1. Create a status update
  2. Did it update on the member card etc.?
  3. If no then find out the profile_post_id (you can see it when you view the status on the list of profile posts, the date is a link to the profile post and that contains the profile_post_id e.g. https://xenforo.com/community/profile-posts/22855/)
  4. Check the value of the status_profile_post_id in the xf_user_profile table for the user, what is it?
  5. Do they match?

It's nothing to do with cron. It should be live.

You need to do an experiment:
  1. Create a status update
  2. Did it update on the member card etc.?
  3. If no then find out the profile_post_id (you can see it when you view the status on the list of profile posts, the date is a link to the profile post and that contains the profile_post_id e.g. https://xenforo.com/community/profile-posts/22855/)
  4. Check the value of the status_profile_post_id in the xf_user_profile table for the user, what is it?
  5. Do they match?
Oddly enough no.. The sequence jumps and is out.
One status is 39926 and the table runs 39925, 39931, 39939.. (I have deleted one or two so this has to be taken into effect of course - during testing)
I'll try again to make 100% sure, but it definitely skipped and didn't show on the member card either @Chris D

Will do some more ASAP.

So the status_profile_post_id field is empty for those users?
Yes.. I have restarted Nginx, php and memcached and one of the users incidentally did another update which then did update.
So he updated a status 20 mins ago and it showed his from yesterday, inbetween I restarted these, then he posted another and it worked.
40052 last member one in the db then 40058 is his.

Very weird. I tried analysing and repairing the tables but of course, one came back as feature unsupported.
I did read that db widget framework could trigger this, so I have disabled that - but the only thing I use from that is newly registered members on your profile page.
Most odd.

Top Bottom