XF 1.5 Profile Post Updates

Glockie

Hello all,
Bit of a weird glitch here.. For some reason two members on the site have this exact same issue.
They post status posts, but the posts don't update on the membercard or their profiles.
The usual way of sorting it is I usually delete the previous status post.

However it's becoming more frequent and one I have tested with, won't update after deletion, nor clearing caches etc.
Just wondering how else can I force this to update ie is it a cron or cache issue and finally, has anyone experienced this before?
Very many thanks. :)

I registered at Glockie's site and found the issue only happening with statuses that are over 140 characters long. Of course we do not allow statuses over 140 characters long so this is being triggered by an add-on I suspect.

Mystery solved! :)

Okay an update and this is fair for those who come across this situation with the following add-on..
Profile Post Characters by @SneakyDave found here; https://xenforo.com/community/resources/solidmean-profile-post-chars.4009/

This ultimately after a long time of use, meant that some statuses didn't even get entered into the tables.
@Chris D registered on the site and tested, some statuses worked when under the limit set by the addon, ones over didn't work.
It's sporadic and eventually affected several members.

Same old thing I suppose, to coin a phrase - "If it's not broken, don't fix it" and all that..
So back to 140 and there it will stay.
In all fairness, I completely forgot about this add-on. :oops::oops: :rolleyes:
Many thanks to Chris for taking the time to help us. I appreciate it immensely. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom