XF 1.1 'Profile Hover' mod

No, I don't mean the error message. In the photo I pasted above, which is a snapshot of the Sign Up form of a website using your xF script, between the fields 'Gender' & 'Time Zone' can you se the field + options called 'Disable Profile Hover' & the options 'No' & 'Yes'?

Now, on the Sign up form of this website, there is no option called 'Disable Profile Hover'.

So, what is the option 'Disable Profile Hover'? Is this a built-on xF feaure? Or, is this an xF mod? If this is an xF mod, which one is it & where is it?

Thanks.

Ask this guy as he is a member there: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/schmitzit-xenforo-services.26449/

What your referring to as "Profile Hover" is the Member Card. On that site the Member Card is disabled for guest, so I'm assuming that's what you mean by "profile hover".

Thanks, when you say that 'On that site the Member Card is disabled for guest', what do you mean exactly? I mean if you go to that site & you click a member's i.d. the black pop up member info card does come up? Or do you mean something el;se by 'Member Card'?
Regards.

If you want to don't get the "black popup" you could check http://xenforo.com/community/resources/remove-membercard-feature.1793/
It seems that it is doing exactly this;)
oh i do want it, thanks - but i am still trying to establish what exactly is 'Profile Hover' - I am waiting for Peter Schmitz to get back to me but 'Profile Hover' is definitely a default xF script feature but it appears no one at xF know about it! I also looked at the xF demo admin site reg form options, no luck
And, what is meant by 'member card'? - is this the 'black popup' window i refer to in relation to a member's info?

but 'Profile Hover' is definitely a default xF script feature but it appears no one at xF know about it! I also looked at the xF demo admin site reg form options, no luck
And, what is meant by 'member card'? - is this the 'black popup' window i refer to in relation to a member's info?
Uhh... I'm pretty sure that if it was a "default xF script feature", then at the LEAST Brogan would know about it. That is a customization for that forum. It shows on neither my main forum or my test forum - as it would if it was a "default script feature". There are plenty of simply ways to mod a template (which appears to have been done there using built in variables) to disable the ability for users to disable the hover feature for profiles.

The "profile hover" functionality may be default, but it hasn't yet been explained what it is.

The custom user field added to the registration form on that site is exactly that, custom.

oh i do want it, thanks - but i am still trying to establish what exactly is 'Profile Hover' - I am waiting for Peter Schmitz to get back to me but 'Profile Hover' is definitely a default xF script feature but it appears no one at xF know about it! I also looked at the xF demo admin site reg form options, no luck
Снимок экрана 2013-05-09 в 21.19.48.webp

This is the member card. However I am not sure what you mean by "Profile Hover" - can you explain or provide a screenshot?

Heh, interesting how everyone seems so confused, I kind of found "Profile Hover" self explanatory, but in the screenshot it actually explains what it does as well. That is, if you have it set to yes, and you hover over a username it'll have the user's info/member card appear. So you can think of how it works on IPB, or for example, how hovering over a thread title on the forum list shows a preview. At least that is my guess without using the site, so I could be wrong. :p Hence, not a default XF feature.

View attachment 45926

This is the member card. However I am not sure what you mean by "Profile Hover" - can you explain or provide a screenshot?

Please see the screenshot in my message above OverHere, Monday at 2:13 AM - you can see the 'Disable Profile Hover' field on the registration form in the photo.

The concerned site is my site - I never asked my developer to do any such custom field, so I of course assumed that this was a default xF script feature... I have asked my developer to see carefully where 'Disable Profile Hover' came from - but its certainly not part of any xF add-on I had integrated... it's a mystery, for now...

Normally I am able to distinguish what features are introduced by which add-ons but a number of the add-ons on the site are ones I never used, so I cannot answer the question at this moment.

I'm pretty certain it's a modification, as I don't recognize the field either. I'll do some testing by disabling individual add-ons to figure out which particular add-on adds this option, and I'll report my findings here :-)

Normally I am able to distinguish what features are introduced by which add-ons but a number of the add-ons on the site are ones I never used, so I cannot answer the question at this moment.

I'm pretty certain it's a modification, as I don't recognize the field either. I'll do some testing by disabling individual add-ons to figure out which particular add-on adds this option, and I'll report my findings here :-)

Yes, I think it's best to know as to where any specific, unaccounted for feature(s) comes from, whether its a result of any modification or an add-on. This way, for me, I know where I stand in relation to all add-ons integrated to date and what might be needed in the future. Thank you.

I'm pretty certain it's a modification, as I don't recognize the field either. I'll do some testing by disabling individual add-ons to figure out which particular add-on adds this option, and I'll report my findings here :)
Also check for template modifications.... as that can also be done that way.

Top Bottom