• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Product] XenFans.com - Popular Content

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Floris, is it possible to remove these bb codes from the description of the most liked posts? and show original post text/content.
[CENTER][B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=trebuchet... [/plain]

Not in this version, unless you customize the code.
Cezz was looking into this a few weeks ago, but I think he got busy or whatever. Again.

Some suggestions: the idea is nice but it would be more useful if you can show the most liked post of the week for example, so the information is always changing and with an air of dynamisim.

I love the idea of this mod and I been waiting for it for so long. Sadly, I thought it pull data from the last x days. So far nobody could accomplish this feature with so many mods in xenforo. Maybe is hard to code such thing. :(

Thank you for sharing this mod.

Some suggestions: the idea is nice but it would be more useful if you can show the most liked post of the week for example, so the information is always changing and with an air of dynamisim.
Sadly, I thought it pull data from the last x days. So far nobody could accomplish this feature with so many mods in xenforo. Maybe is hard to code such thing.
Getting the most likes from the last week is no problem as each like has a date, however, to get the most thread replies means you have to count the weekly posts from each thread, which is not ideal.
To get the most viewed threads means that you have to save each weeks results so that you may compare them to next weeks count, which in turn means the first week will not show the correct weekly count.

So, yes it can be done but not as simple as simply checking for a cut-off date.

Getting the most likes from the last week is no problem as each like has a date, however, to get the most thread replies means you have to count the weekly posts from each thread, which is not ideal.
To get the most viewed threads means that you have to save each weeks results so that you may compare them to next weeks count, which in turn means the first week will not show the correct weekly count.

So, yes it can be done but not as simple as simply checking for a cut-off date.
I am willing to pay a developer to code the same mod but with this option.
  • Threads [Most Post, Most Likes]
  • Members [Most Post, Most Likes]
they can be viewed in a separate page or as widget in the sidebar

Keep offtopic chat in your own threads please, no need to pollute mine.
It's not an option in this product, thanks for the suggestion; I don't know how to do it, so I assume it won't make it into the product.

I re-read what was posted and clearly misread the conversation. Sorry bout the offtopic comment.

Floris, any chance of converting those columns in to Xenporta Modules? It would be brilliant to have these kinda Mods available on Xenporta. Thank you.

#42 (xenfans.com link)

Please note that this was for the Previous version of XenFans Popular, and I don't know if they work on the new build.

Floris, is it possible to remove these bb codes from the description of the most liked posts? and show original post text/content.
[CENTER][B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=trebuchet... [/plain]

We now have a code contribution that will take care of this.
I hope to be able to include it in the next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom