1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with this...

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Matthew Hawley, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Im trying to create an addon where it shows details about the author on the author's resource list page. So far i have the joined date and gender working but I cant seem to get the rest working.

Here is what I have:

Code:
    <h3>Author Information</h3>
                <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.resourceListAuthRegDate} AND {$user.user_id}">
                        <dl class="pairsJustified">
                            <dt>{xen:phrase joined}:</dt>
                            <dd>{xen:date $user.register_date}</dd>
                        </dl>
                    </xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.resourceListAuthGender} AND {$user.gender}">
                            <dt>{xen:phrase gender}:</dt>
                            <dd itemprop="gender"><xen:if is="{$user.gender} == 'male'">{xen:phrase male}<xen:else />{xen:phrase female}</xen:if></dd>
                        </dl>

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.resourceListAuthOccupation} AND {$user.occupation}">
                            <dt>{xen:phrase occupation}:</dt>
                            <dd itemprop="role">{xen:string censor, $user.occupation}</dd>
                        </dl>

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.resourceListAuthLocation} AND {$user.location}">
                            <dt>{xen:phrase location}:</dt>
                            <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/location-info', '', 'location={xen:string censor, $user.location, '-'}'}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" itemprop="address" class="concealed">{xen:string censor, $user.location}</a></dd>
                        </dl>

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.resourceListAuthHomepage} AND {$user.homepage}">
                            <dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt>
                            <dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage, '-'}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" itemprop="url">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd>
                        </dl>

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.resourceListAuthCustomFields} AND {$user.customFields}">
                    <xen:foreach loop="$userFieldsInfo" key="$fieldId" value="$fieldInfo">
                        <xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message}">
                            <xen:if hascontent="true">
                                <dl class="pairsJustified userField_{$fieldId}">
                                    <dt>{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</dt>
                                    <dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
                                </dl>
                    </xen:foreach>

2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Nevermind i had to change user to visitor. I always forget about that and remember it at the last moment...

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you changed it to $visitor then it won't work as you want it to.

$visitor is always the currently logged in user. So setting it to $visitor will show your own information on every user's page.

The reason $user doesn't work is because sometimes database queries will select and use specific fields rather than an entire table.

You should use:
    {xen:helper dump, $user}

To see what information is stored in the array.

I can't stress this enough to you or anyone else: use the tools available to you. All the info is right there.

Not just you but in this forum I see the most basic things asked when the most basic debug solution will tell you everything you need to know.

If you dump $user and it doesn't contain the info you want then you would need to modify the query that fetches the information.

tyteen4a03, MattW and Brogan like this.