XF 2.2 Problem with the mail transport system.

Wilfri-2

Greetings, I have a problem with the transport of mail, I just installed my copy of xenforo and the emails from my website do not reach the destination, no alert via email works and I have already done everything as the manual says, when I do a test with the tool says that everything is fine and that it sends me the test email but it never arrives, I have changed to several email accounts and nothing works.

the notices of the site do not arrive
New account confirmation emails do not arrive
the alerts of the publications that I follow do not arrive
they do not arrive
they do not arrive
they don't arrive...

how are you setting up XF to send?
Via PHP or SMTP?
If SMTP, are your login credentials correct?
Do you have the appropriate DKIM, SPF, DMARC and MX entries for your domain mail server configured in DNS?
Are you on self hosted or cloud?

Are you also checking your spam/junk folder for the email?

Unless you know your host has their server correctly set up to relay outbound mail via PHP, it's not the best way to do it (if on shared hosting).
SMTP is your better choice... but you will still need to set up those DNS entries I mentioned to get good mail deliverability. With the proliferation of spam in todays society, they are a requirement for even half-way decent delivery.

As for configuring it... as long as you have a valid email address set up in the default email address, it should send with no issues. As you found...the problem is in the deliverability of it.

I appreciate your help and your prompt response, I would like to know if you have a guide that tells me how to do this configuration, that help would be very important to me since I have not been able to configure this option... Thank you very much again.

No, don't have a guide, as it is really dependent upon the infrastructure you are set up on.

Generally... you simply, if using a panel, set up a couple of email accounts utilizing your domain at that hosting provider.
You need one for your email that you send from (it can be set up as a alias as long as the sending account alias is authorized to send via the normal SMTP login name).
You need an email configured for your contact address (I would NOT recommend it being the same as the XF default mail address

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 1.05.40 AM.png

You will then need to set up your email transport method to an active domain account that you have created to send all email from. You will need to obtain the port number and encryption data from your panel or your hosting provider for SMTP logins.

I would also recommend you set up bounced and unsubscribe email accounts also and fill those in the appropriate area in the ACP -> Email settings.
These will usually use the same server and encryption settings that your SMTP settings use, just different usernames and passwords(I use bounced@mydomain.com and unbsubscribe@mydomain.com for them).

You will then need to set up your email transport method to an active domain account that you have created to send all email from. You will need to obtain the port number and encryption data from your panel or your hosting provider for SMTP logins.
Good morning, your information has been of great help. I have done almost all the steps, because I don't speak English and I have to translate every piece of information that you send me, and this means that sometimes the ideas cannot be understood correctly.

I only have one problem with the following paragraph of information that I have not been able to understand correctly.

Thanks again for your kindness and help.

I only have one problem with the following paragraph of information that I have not been able to understand correctly.
In your cPanel (I'm assuming that is what panel you use) you will need to set up an email account and use it in the Email Delivery logon info for SMTP. You will also probably have to set up your Delivery Address as an alias with that email account that you set up for your delivery credentials so it can successfully be processed, as your mail server will recognize it as a valid address to be used by your login credentials.
I don't use cPanel (and haven't for over a decade) so I can't really instruct you in exactly what options you will have to use. Somewhere in the cPanel is an option to create email addresses if I remember correctly.

You can do a quick analysis of what is likely set up properly, and get some advice with a free tester. Most of the changes are made with your webhosts control panel, not with the forum software.

Thank you very much, up to this point I can handle everything, I have already completed these steps completely, my difficulty is in the configuration of the transport data, these data are the ones that I have a problem with, I have already created the email accounts in my CPANEL and placed them in my configuration but in the transport data I can't put the correct data or I can't identify them correctly.

In the image I show the email that I will use and the password, but it seems that I cannot enter the correct information in the other two fields.

Attachments

• info.webp
    info.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 8
Thank you very much for the help you give me, I opened a support ticket in my hosting account and I explained the situation and they sent me all the details to configure the account, I followed the steps that they sent me and added the given information ... I did a test with the Xenforo tool to test the mail transport and the tool says that everything is fine and the test message arrives without a problem to the email account but I tried the other notifications and they don't work, I guess I have to wait some time .

so far only the test mail is the one that arrives.

Thank you again for your patience and help.

@Tracy Perry and @Rhody Thanks

Top Bottom