XF 1.4 Problem with replies not being posted immediately

Ludachris

All the sudden we're having problems with replies not being posted right after you hit submit in the quick reply form. The progress bar shows, the submit button grays out, then the button comes back and the progress bar goes away and there is no reply loaded. So the users are clicking submit again and then there are two replies posted.

The only thing that has changed since this started happening was Elasticsearch was upgraded to the latest version and the search cache was rebuilt. I did some searching but couldn't find anything like what I'm describing.

Any ideas?

I would subscribe to that theory too had an add-on just been installed. But nothing has changed except for Elasticsearch update and rebuilding of the search index in the last few days, which is when this started happening. No other add-ons have been installed or upgraded for several months.

I understand. But maybe now after you updated Elasticsearch, some add-ons might be not compatible anymore. Somehow having a problem with elasticsearch now. I don't know the backend process, I am just assuming.
If you have any add-on installed which modifies the thread_create template, (ACP->Appearance->Template Modifications), try disabling that add-on and see if that is the case. But this is very vague, just trying to help.

Appreciate it sbj. Looks like Elasticsearch is not responding all the sudden. When it's disabled posting works fine. Hopefully restarting Elasticsearch and rebuilding the search index fixes everything.

Top Bottom