1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Problem with registrations

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Dakis, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

After I upgraded to xf latest version I'm having a problem in both of my sites with the registration. If you try to register you get a server error:

Any ideas? :(

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I just tried to register on one of your sites (the AV one) and I got a "No response received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

This could indicate that PHP is crashing. In which case, you or your host will need to look at the relevant web server/PHP error log to find out what's going on. I appreciate it seems it may have happened as a result of upgrading to the latest XF version but I suspect that's just a coincidence as we haven't made any registration based changes recently (or even generally).

Certainly look into any changes made on the server including caching add-ons or mechanisms or any add-ons you share among both sites.

I would say that looking at the error logs will be the best first step.

Dakis likes this.
  3. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Yep no worries thanks for the reply Chris, will check with my host and the add-ons as well.

4. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

In some cases I don't get an error, but rather this:

"Please correct the following errors:
    1. You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly. Please try again."
    And all I have is a question/answer in the form (which i fill out properly), nothing else.

5. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Just as an update on this, the problems (both getting a blank error page as well as getting a page telling you the captcha is wrong) went away when ioncube and opcache were disabled.