XF 1.5 Problem with registrations

Dakis

After I upgraded to xf latest version I'm having a problem in both of my sites with the registration. If you try to register you get a server error:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Any ideas? :(

I just tried to register on one of your sites (the AV one) and I got a "No response received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

This could indicate that PHP is crashing. In which case, you or your host will need to look at the relevant web server/PHP error log to find out what's going on. I appreciate it seems it may have happened as a result of upgrading to the latest XF version but I suspect that's just a coincidence as we haven't made any registration based changes recently (or even generally).

Certainly look into any changes made on the server including caching add-ons or mechanisms or any add-ons you share among both sites.

I would say that looking at the error logs will be the best first step.

In some cases I don't get an error, but rather this:

"Please correct the following errors:
  1. You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly. Please try again."
And all I have is a question/answer in the form (which i fill out properly), nothing else.

Just as an update on this, the problems (both getting a blank error page as well as getting a page telling you the captcha is wrong) went away when ioncube and opcache were disabled.

Top Bottom