Cannot reproduce  Problem with private conversations

AndreaMarucci

I've a big problem with private conversation and I think it's a bug.

I've a PC with more than 10 pages. I receive an alert for a message posted in this PC, I click on the alert and I don't go to the last page but in the page before. If I want to see the latest page I've to manually edit the url changing at the very end /page-11 to /page-12 otherwise I'm not able to see the last page in any way.

Probably you'd better check for yourself but since my board is a pay one I've to send you an account to verify.

Here

Screenshot 2011-05-13 a 15.38.31.webp

you can see what should be the last page (you don't see a "12" button) but if you manually edit the url

Screenshot 2011-05-13 a 15.37.59.webp

you can see the latest page. Problem is that the users cannot go to the page 12 other than modifying the url since there's not a "12" button at the top.

Any suggestion?

I've done or written something wrong or am I the only one with this kind of problem?

You've only posted it a few hours ago man, don't stress.
I'm pretty sure not many people can reproduce an 11-paged conversation.

If you're interested I want to start a conversation with you and reply to it untill it's 11 pages :P Everybody is welcome to the convo :D

I know long conversations have issues. We ran into them about page 7 or 8 and most of the time we just had to start a new one to keep going. I did report it back then. I'm sure if I dig, I can find the bug report but it was sometime in October time frame.

Liz

You've only posted it a few hours ago man, don't stress.
I'm pretty sure not many people can reproduce an 11-paged conversation.

If you're interested I want to start a conversation with you and reply to it untill it's 11 pages :p Everybody is welcome to the convo :D
can u add me that conversation?
i tried at localhost but there was no problem (tried with changing messagesPerPage)

As I've said in the PC, the problem appeared between page 9 and 10 and now that my PC has more than 12 pages, suddenly disappeared. I really don't know what happened...

Ok the problem is showing now in my board. If Mike or Kier want to check I cna give them a temporary account so that they can see for themselves what's happenenig. Look at the screenshot..

Here I'm at page 13 and you can see that no button 14 appear but...

Screenshot 2011-05-16 a 18.03.10.webp

if I manually change the url putting 14 instead of 13 the 14th page appears. There's no mean to go to the page 14 unless you change the url manually

Screenshot 2011-05-16 a 18.03.25.webp

An account would be appreciated (that's in the conversation :)), along with phpMyAdmin and FTP access.

For reference, the reply count was incorrect in the conversation, but I'm currently unsure why that would happen.

And for referenze again. I've noticed that during the time the problem showed up, normally you weren't able to see the new reply unless you replied. In that case magically the new hidden page showed up...

Top Bottom