Problem with avatar upload

Davyc

My request is regarding the Avatar overlay. When my (non-technical) members go to add an Avatar and select the 'choose file' no image is displayed which makes them think it hasn't worked. I explained to them that they need to click 'okay' and then 'close' and then reopen the overlay again, but this just annoys them lol. Is there any chance that this can be refreshed when they upload a file so they know it's worked.

Many thanks ;)

Might be worth removing Chrome completely and then re-installing it again from fresh. Worth trying just to see what happens, you could always have some glitch going on that might get sorted by removing and reinstalling?

Also, I'm sure I read before there's some kind of issue been detected by some users who have both Chrome and FF installed together. I run both together however and don't spot any obvious side effects using both at the same time.

Ok I figured out the fix for my situation. I'm using Nginx, and it was the nginx cache messing it all up.

I removed these 3 lines from my nginx.conf:

Code:
open_file_cache max=1000 inactive=20s;
open_file_cache_valid 30s;
open_file_cache_min_uses 2;

and with my config.php cache settings as follows:

Code:
// Cache
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
    'caching' => true,
    'automatic_serialization' => true,
    'lifetime' => 10800,
    'cache_id_prefix' => 'pf_'
);
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';

Now avatars update 100% of the time, never having to close the overlay. Not sure if this will help anyone else, just look for cache options depending on what server software you're using I suppose.

Top Bottom