Cannot reproduce Problem with attachments

teletubbi

I came into a situation that I had to edit a post where attachments are double.

After editing the attachments don't show up as a picture only as a link.

If I look into this post there is the normal bbcode attach=full.

My solution was to copy the link to this attachment and paste it into the post with the img code.

After the pictures there are still the links to this attachments.

Hi @teletubbi,

Yes unfortunately this is a limitation of the XF1 editor - you will only see images inside the editor when you create a new post/thread.

If you edit it later the images will always appear as BBCode only, even if you preview it.

But the final result will be fine after you submit the changes.

XF2 has a new editor which fixes this.

Does the attachment appear below the post? Is it still in the attachment list when you edit the post? (maybe it got deleted?)

Then it sounds like the attachment has become orphaned and detached from the original post, you can confirm by using the Attachment Browser:
/admin.php?attachments/

Find the attachment and check if the host content link is correct or missing..

Do you have any add-ons that are adding or changing attachments without using the post editor?

Maybe worth making a ticket so XF staff can check your database..

To illustrate how it looks like.
Screenshot made with mobile so can't see all. But I think it's enough to understand.

First one is the post in the forum like the members can see.

Screenshot_20170718-170030.webp

Second is the post opened in the editor in ASCII mode.

Screenshot_20170718-170120.webp

Based on that picture, the attachment referenced in the post body aren't the attachments that are actually in it. You can see there's a mix of img tags and that appears to be what's displaying as an image.

If you hover over the attachments below the message, I suspect you'll see that their IDs (in the URLs, after the "." near the end) don't actually match the ones referenced in the message.

As you can see all ID are the same.

Screenshot_1.webp

The mix comes because the picture don´t shows up.
So i copy with a right click the url from the attachments below and paste it with the img Code into the post.
Than the pics are visible.

Can you reproduce this consistently across posts? Can you reproduce it with add-ons diabled (and on a default style)?

I have the same problem on my forum with some posts. This was after using the convert image all add-on i think, but not sure. You have used that add-on also i see.

I had duplicate images in a combination of full attachments and not inserted in post. After removing the not inserted i also got an attachment link in the post that i could not fix.

The mix comes because the picture don´t shows up.
/admin.php?attachments/

Try to find the attachment, then compare the link "View Host Content" with the thread that has the issue. Does it match?

attachment-browser.webp

Maybe you can correct it here by deleting the faulty attachment and re-uploading it as a fresh attachment from the thread editor.

There are no faulty attachments.
If I click the link the right picture shows up.

They are only not visible in the post itself as pictures.

Top Bottom