Fixed Problem with Admin Style Groups

Nerbert

I have tried several times to create a new Admin Style Property Group. When I submit the new group it redirects to the regular forum style groups in "Appearance" instead of "Development" When I go to Development and click on my new group I get the following error

Server Error
Undefined index: properties

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AdminStyleProperty.php at line 38
  2. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AdminStyleProperty->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/site/xxxxxx/xfdev/admin.php at line 13
Twice now I have had to resolve this by uninstalling my product and reinstalling with an edited XML file. I have all other add-on products disabled.

The first time this happened I didn't note the wrong redirect, and thinking I had had an error that prevented the submission from going through, I created a duplicate group in "Appearances", which seemed to pick up the existing style properties in an admin template I was working on.

I've creates a couple of admin templates and template mods, but I don't think that has anything to do with the problem

Using version 1.5.2

Has anyone else reproduced this problem? I tried this at another old dev site (version 1.5.1) thinking the problem was caused by another product I had recently installed but I have the same problem there.

I've fixed some issues here, but I'm not sure about actually creating new property groups for the admin in general. It's presumably not something anyone has bothered doing before. (And since they're not editable by the user, it's likely uncommonly needed.) If we find further issues here, it may lead to the option being removed.

I've fixed some issues here, but I'm not sure about actually creating new property groups for the admin in general. It's presumably not something anyone has bothered doing before. (And since they're not editable by the user, it's likely uncommonly needed.) If we find further issues here, it may lead to the option being removed.

I see your point in not allowing much change to the admin cp in general, for example I see you cannot delete any groups. But it would be nice if you could create new groups for add-on products.That's what I was trying to do for my CodeMirror project

Top Bottom