Fixed Problem when moving a thread on responsive mode (bonus: inconsistency)

imthebest

Hi,

When on portrait mode, on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2 and Chrome (latest stable) I noticed a bug when moving a thread be it through the forumdisplay page or the showthread page. When you're on the Move Thread overlay, choose the destination node and you'll notice that it doesn't change. You have to switch to landscape mode and then you'll see the new destination changed properly on the form.

Also there is an inconsistency here. When moving a thread through the forumdisplay page there is an additional checkbox that you have to click if you want to add a prefix. However when moving a thread through the showthread page there is no checkbox and you can simply assign (if you want) a new prefix to the thread. Imho the latter is the best approach and the former should be discarded because it makes things more complicated.

Thanks.

The first one could be a browser issue as this seems to work fine on a desktop browser and iOS.

The second, however, is neither a bug nor inconsistent the functions of the two overlays are somewhat different. One is designed to move many threads; the other is designed to move a single thread. Therefore there's a reason why you have to use a checkbox on one vs just selecting a prefix on another. When working with multiple threads, you may be working with some threads that have prefixes and some that don't so there has to be a deliberate action to assert that the current settings should be changed.

I can confirm this bug/browser issue. Tested on a Sony Xperia running Android 4.4.4 with the latest version of Chrome. XenForo version 1.3.5.

Top Bottom