Browser issue Problem mit FireFox 44.0 and Ctrl+left Mouse

vFranky

Hello,

we have a minor problem in our forum. Some users report a problem with FireFox 44.0 =>Ctrl + left mouse click switches the browser in the new tab instead of opening it in the background.

One user traces the problem back to xenforo.js. He says, there seems to be an error, because a ctrl flag is deleted and a normal click is executed instead of a ctrl click. But the problem seems to appear only in Firefox, not in Chrome or IE.

Any idea?

Kind regards,
Frank

I can reproduce this - also on Firefox Mac OS X.

The normal behaviour for all links which are Ctrl/Cmd + clicked is to open them in the background. In XF, they are being opened as if you've left clicked on a link that has target _blank.

This is potentially down to a fix we implemented to prevent a vulnerability known as reverse tabnabbing.

I'll move this to bug reports as we need to look at this in more detail.

That's interesting thank you. I only tested it outside of any application to reproduce it and so I wouldn't have triggered it.

The methods mentioned are common to circumvent reverse tabnabbing so this seems likely.

We will see if there's any sort of workaround but it may well have to wait for their intervention.

Top Bottom