Problem logging into admin area after move to new server

Netsource

I'm attempting to migrate our Xenforo installation to a new server. The URL will stay the same.

Xenforo is running fine on the old server (IIS 7.5 with PHP 5.6). I closed the board, backed up the MySQL database and site content and transferred it all over to the new server. The front end appears to be working fine, but I'm unable to log into the admin side.

The new server is running IIS 10 with PHP 7.2. When I visit /admin.php, I get a login page missing its stylesheet. When I enter my credentials and click the Log In button, I get sent back to the login form with the message:

This action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in.

When I opened my browser's debug panel, I noticed that the stylesheet request returns the full login page instead of the stylesheet, hence the reason that it's missing.

To troubleshoot, I tried dropping the PHP version back to 5.6, clearing the session tables in the database, and completely re-copying the content back over after upgrading to version 1.5.21 with the latest version of our addon (Ad Manager).

No errors are logged by PHP or anywhere else that I can find. I tried enabling debug in config.php, but didn't see a debug log or any additional page content which might help. As far as I can tell, permissions are set correctly, the data and internal_data folders have full access for the account that the IIS worker process and php-cgi.exe are running under, and this account has write access to PHP's temp and session folders.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Apologies for the crosspost, I guess I should have posted in the troubleshooting forum in the first place.

I did some more testing. I moved the forum to a different server running IIS 7.5 (the same as the original server) and everything seems to work without a problem.

Has anybody run into an issue similar to mine using IIS 10? Since we're retiring all of our older servers, I need to find a solution.

Thanks to a suggestion from Tarkhubal, I tried pulling up /install, which works as expected on the old server. On the new server, it just goes into a redirect loop instead of prompting me to log in.

I've got something else to add. I tried moving the forum to a different server running IIS 7.5 and used the exact same PHP build and configuration that is in use on the server I want to move to, and it works just fine.

When I request admin.php, a subsequent request grabs the stylesheet via /admin.php?_css... PHP on IIS 7.5 returns a stylesheet with content type text/css, while PHP on IIS 10 is returning the login page content as text/html.

Any ideas specific to IIS 10/Windows server 2016?

Top Bottom