1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Prject Tools

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Slind, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Slind

Slind Active Member

Luis and TsinJu like this.
  2. silence

silence Well-Known Member

I was messing with it a few days ago. It uses a large amount of the default XF system, and literally it's just copying and pasting stuff into the addon to get it working, like alerts, emails, etc...

I was gunna do it, but it's a slow ordeal haha

Slind likes this.
  3. Slind

Slind Active Member

How long will you need for it? :)

Btw I cant change the thread title? :(

4. silence

UGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not sure I could even do it since I don't have permission from the author :(

5. Slind

Slind Active Member

Hmm, have you send him a private message?

6. silence

No but honestly it's a time consuming project if I were to pursue it and I'm sort of not feeling it :(
    I made a few fixes I might publish in that thread (if it's still open) but I don't really have any motivation to do it as of this time.

7. Slind

Slind Active Member

So you are useing the version from the thread with some own fixes for it?

8. silence

Yeah I just did a lazy edit for responsive design and fixed the issue where it gave you an error if you didn't have permissions.
    I also fixed some translations and the install/uninstall process.

9. Luis

Luis Well-Known Member

10. TsinJu

TsinJu Well-Known Member

Same here. Interested too. Guess there are lot more, also as a payed Addon i am interested in which may helps your Motivation ;)

11. silence

Honestly, since it uses a large amount of code from the beta version of XF (I believe!), a rewrite would be best for this addon, especially since it's a bit confusing with it's permission system and whatnot.
    I mean I could do it, but I don't think I could do a conversion of the VB mod justice :unsure:.

Slind likes this.
  12. TsinJu

TsinJu Well-Known Member

Well, a rewrite would be for sure better, also because you would own all rights and dont have to think of anything.
    But... i have a need for this too, last but not least its up to you, but would appreciate it

13. Slind

Slind Active Member

Any news?