[OzzModz] Private Threads

[OzzModz] Private Threads [Paid] 2.1.0 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
As I know does not have user group permissions "Can view Private threads"? So how can view Private threads by user group?
You wouldn't use private threads, you would use a private forum where only certain user groups can view threads in the forum.

Yes but thread will be seen by mixing user groups, not only certain user groups.
If you don't know how to set up a forum so only a certain user group can view threads in it, I can't help you. And that is beyond the scope of this add-on.

If you don't know how to set up a forum so only a certain user group can view threads in it, I can't help you.

Yes I know how to set up a forum for only a certain user group can view threads. I want thread can view from X user group all user, XX user group all user and XXX user group some user, not all.

Yes I know how to set up a forum for only a certain user group can view threads. I want thread can view from X user group all user, XX user group all user and XXX user group some user, not all.
That is beyond the scope and intended use of this add-on and can't be done with this add-on.

That is beyond the scope and intended use of this add-on and can't be done.

Not correct, If have user group permissions "Can view Private threads" then other user can adding from Add members participate. OK I think what we can do for this. Thanks for your support.

Not correct, If have user group permissions "Can view Private threads" then other user can adding from Add members participate. OK I think what we can do for this. Thanks for your support.
Then you're back to the possibility of 100+ members in a thread. I don't think you grasp the idea behind what I mean by a forum with user group permissions. So, I'm just going to stop suggesting possible solutions for you.

Very interested in this add-on. I had a similar add-on custom-coded for XF 1.5 and am trying to avoid having to pay to develop a custom solution.

What I'm looking for is the option to:

1) Make thread public (default forum view settings)
2) Make thread members-only (only members can view it)
3) Make thread private (thread creator only)

The added option to invite members to private threads I had considered for the XF 2.0 iteration.

It appears this add-on can do all of this except make the thread members-only (instead of public/guest-viewable).

Would it be difficult to add this functionality? If it could be added I would certainly purchase this add-on. Would consider funding the feature addition if necessary.

Very interested in this add-on. I had a similar add-on custom-coded for XF 1.5 and am trying to avoid having to pay to develop a custom solution.

What I'm looking for is the option to:

1) Make thread public (default forum view settings)
2) Make thread members-only (only members can view it)
3) Make thread private (thread creator only)

The added option to invite members to private threads I had considered for the XF 2.0 iteration.

It appears this add-on can do all of this except make the thread members-only (instead of public/guest-viewable).

Would it be difficult to add this functionality? If it could be added I would certainly purchase this add-on. Would consider funding the feature addition if necessary.
Exactly what this add-on does is in the add-on description.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/private-threads.5856/

I don't have any plans to add the functions you're looking for.

hey @Snog one question, i want by default in a forum, all new threads be private, and only administrators and moderators of the groups assigned can see it, off course, the creator too.

is possible?

hey @Snog one question, i want by default in a forum, all new threads be private, and only administrators and moderators of the groups assigned can see it, off course, the creator too.

is possible?
It's not possible for threads to default to being a private thread. That is selected by the user when they create the thread.

Also only administrators, the thread creator and those invited to be part of the thread would be able to view private threads. Moderators can not.

@Snog we often have been using custom fields in forums. Can you add an option so select custom fields. İf use select X custom field they can specified thread. This is similar to usergroup.

@Snog we often have been using custom fields in forums. Can you add an option so select custom fields. İf use select X custom field they can specified thread. This is similar to usergroup.
This add-on does not interface with or change the custom fields. At this time, there are no plans to change the way this add-on functions.

Hi. I understand that moderators can not view private threads and that won't be added. I have a forum where admins and mods can see and respond to any thread, and members can see and respond to threads that they started (not threads that other members started). I want mods to start a thread in this forum, and invite one member to it, so that this one member and all of the mods and admins could participate in this thread. Is this possible?

Top Bottom