Private Site

Private Site 1.1.0

No permission to download
I've done them (steps 6-7) :(
And it is hidden for the guests. I found this post

Could this be an issue that users are in fact registered and this is why I see such behavior? Do you see such behavior on your private sites or it is only me?

Ahh yes - you might want to add && $xf.visitor.user_state == 'valid' to the display criteria for menu items and widgets to hide them from users who are not in the valid state.

Note that this will also hide these elements for users from members whose email has bounced or who are waiting for email confirmation after changing their email address.

I've updated the addon to hide the What's New and New Posts buttons from members without a valid user_state and updated the instructions in the tutorial to include the user_state check for various menu items and widgets.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @xTriz - this is an improvement to the addon and tutorial and I've implemented it on my own sites.

Note that this will also hide these elements for users from members whose email has bounced or who are waiting for email confirmation after changing their email address.
Great, exactly what is needed. Thank you so much :)
Updated my forum as well, looks awesome :)

P.S: Small thing that I'm not sure could be a part of this add-on, but anyway I'll describe and you'll decide :) :
If the guest clicks on a link to a post that is hidden, assuming they found it somewhere on the Internet, the 403 will be shown with the Registration form. Could this be auto-routed to the main page with the nice home-page message for guests?

Last edited:
Top Bottom