1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Plain public front for a private site?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by StarRiver, May 4, 2014.

1. StarRiver

StarRiver Member

I'm just starting to set up a site using xenForo for my organization's internal discussions. There will be no public access and registration is all by invitation (i.e. done administratively). I would like the front page of this site to show the usual forum list to registered users who have set cookies for auto-login. For everyone else, I would like the front page to just have a simple message and a place to sign in.

I'm happy to modify templates to do this, but I thought I'd get the advice of xenForo staff and more experienced users as to the best way to approach this before plunging into code.

Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Unless I am misunderstanding, set "View node" to Not Set (No) for guests.

You can create a Notice for the forum_list template specifically for guests to display the message.

3. StarRiver

StarRiver Member

Thanks for your quick response. When I do that, I get this:
    [​IMG]

What I'm aiming for is totally plain – no menus or links, no images, no styling – just plain static html for the message and then the login form.

Should I test for a register user and if not redirect to another page? Or perhaps effectively have the plain html page added to the forum_list template and selectively show that to anyone other than a logged in registered user?