XF 2.2 Private Posting?

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a new forum. I want a specific node section to be accessible to all members, but once they create a thread, I want it to remain private and only viewable by them, forum staff, and select other users. Is this possible with an addon or anything specific?

Solution
That would be possible. If I'm not mistaken, quickly out of the head, staff can see everything.
As for the specific forum, use the node permissions to set the "View threads by others" to either no or never (test it out).
This way that usergroup (probably you will use the registered group) will only be allowed to view their own threads created.

I'm not 100% sure if this will also prevent them from seeing thread titles of other users, maybe @Brogan can clarify that.
It kind of makes no sense. They can see everything until they post, then they only see theirs (and think it is private, but others can see it until they post their own)?

I don't believe other threads would be visible, just the node.

XF does allow for part of what is being requested, but not the 'select other users' bit.

Depends on what is ment by these "select other users" bit. If they are different every time, then it can't be done by thread.
If those users can be put into a certain seperate group (example, some helpers with knowledge on a PC forum which you could put in a group called "helpers" or something like that), then it might be possible, with node permissions combined with usergroup permissions.

Edit: But that group would be able to see all threads not only selected threads, that is not possibel as far as I know.

That would be possible. If I'm not mistaken, quickly out of the head, staff can see everything.
As for the specific forum, use the node permissions to set the "View threads by others" to either no or never (test it out).
This way that usergroup (probably you will use the registered group) will only be allowed to view their own threads created.

I'm not 100% sure if this will also prevent them from seeing thread titles of other users, maybe @Brogan can clarify that.

Solution
I have a similar need as with the initial question. I see how a node can be made private. This is good. Now how to people who are intended to hang out in this private node gain entry? There are about 200 people who will be excited about this private forum (node), but don't know about it yet. The will be notified. is there a way to use an invite link? How is this gated? Surely I'm not the first with this need. We expect that the people with the invite link (or other key) will also have free movement within all other nodes. BUT not all people using the other nodes will have access to the private node.

Now how to people who are intended to hang out in this private node gain entry?
Create a seperate usergroup. Add the users you want to have access additionally to this group.
I'm not aware of any way to invite a user to any node. That should require customisation.

However, maybe you can work with forums, but I don't know how this would work.
Found a thread about it here, but it was not answered as how to use it.

Top Bottom