1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Private Forum

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JpA, Apr 2, 2015.

1. JpA

JpA Active Member

Hi I have a forum where users can report hacker and I want it so that people can only view their threads that they make but cannot see other peoples threads. I also would like however for people to view a thread I made that explains how to report a hacker. I have set it so people can only see the threads they can make but cannot see my thread. How do I make it so players can see my thread and their threads ONLY?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's not possible.

You would have to use a Notice or some other solution.
  3. JpA

JpA Active Member

@Brogan How do I create a notice?
  4. Brogan

5. JpA

JpA Active Member

@Brogan I made a notice with a link to the forum on how to report players but people don't have permission to view the thread
  6. Brogan

If the thread is in that forum, they won't be able to, which is why I suggested a Notice.
  7. JpA

JpA Active Member

8. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

I don't want to interfere but it sounds like you look more for an add-on.

This should solve your problem.
  9. suasive

suasive Active Member

Like @sbj suggested, instead of installing an add-on per say, you need to set your permissions and the usergroups that can see only those permissions aka threads.
  10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There aren't any visible posts in those forums. They are using a Notice that links to a post which is presumably elsewhere on the forum (which you can't read unless you're logged in).
  11. Isil`Zha

Isil`Zha Active Member

This add-on does exactly what you want. Adds new permissions to allow users in that forum to view all threads started by staff and/or all sticky threads. I actually run two forums with @Xon and have some forums on both sites that do this. (We have sticky threads with instructions that all users can see, otherwise they can only see their own threads.)

From one of my nodes:

ibrian and Xon like this.