XF 2.0 Privacy settings set to"Nobody" after import ..how to fix?

Gator

One of my users contacted me saying that they could not send a conversation to me. After checking my setting and other various users, I found that they all had the settings:

Privacy
Initiate conversations with this user = Nobody
Post messages on this user's profile page = Nobody

What SQL statement is needed to change them all to "Members Only"

I looked at the database and most users have "everyone" but that choice is no longer available. Does it read "everyone" as being "none" Is "everyone" an acceptable input?

I can see you're running version 2.0.2 right now. Have you only just recently upgraded to that?

There was a bug which meant that "everyone" could be set, but our 2.0.1 upgrade should have converted those back to "members".

I initially imported from IPBoard to v1.5x, and then to 2.0 on release day, and updated each subsequent release after that. Looking at the database, most of them are set to "everyone" unless you go in an manually change them.

I'm not sure what's happened there. This query should have run when you upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1:
SQL:
UPDATE xf_user_privacy
SET allow_send_personal_conversation = 'members'
WHERE allow_send_personal_conversation = 'everyone'
Could you try running that now and see if it solves the issue, or if there's any errors? Usually it will report how many rows were affected.

Top Bottom